PDA

View Full Version : Paver patio sq. ft. charge?

andyslawncare
08-13-2009, 11:37 AM
How much are you guys charging for paver patios? I have experience working on projects with them at school, but not for a charge yet... Do you charge for the sq. ft. or ..... some way else? My labor rate for 3 guys runs 90-95/hr and I need to build a curved edge patio for a customer so I need to include brick cutting time and rental or maybe purchase of wet saw to fill in the gaps on the curves. The charge will include removal of a 25' x 3' concrete path. I figured charge at least $1,000 for path removal and rough grading. It'll be around 700 sq. ft. for the main patio and I'll be adding a path coming off his drive way that will be 30' x 5' (curved too) access to his golf cart (everyone here has golf carts!! Paths run all over the county!) parking area on the side of his house. I will need to make a thick base for the path area since he will be driving over it...

Any help/advice is appreciated!

Rex Mann
08-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Estimate your man hours then multiply by your rate. Add in your
material costs plus any markup and any rental charges and disposal
charges.

$1000 to remove 75 sf of concrete is high. But, if includes the other
grading: you may be to low.

Peace,

Rex
Posted via Mobile Device

shovelracer
08-13-2009, 07:04 PM
and rental or maybe purchase of wet saw to fill in the gaps on the curves.
Simple you dont fill in the gaps on the curves. Trim the course blocks instead to meet nicey nice.

Prices range from $2.99 to 29.99 depending on a lot of things. Mostly who, what, and where. Square foot is not the way to go.

Meezer
08-16-2009, 08:56 PM
How much are you guys charging for paver patios? I have experience working on projects with them at school, but not for a charge yet... Do you charge for the sq. ft. or ..... some way else? driving over it...

Any help/advice is appreciated!

Never charge by the sq ft. RM's post is right on

2low4NH
08-16-2009, 10:04 PM
95 an hour for three guys is low atleast in this area. 500 for removal of concrete is more fitting. if you dont have the tools to do the work you will not make the money. you need to make a lot of cuts for a curved pattio as well.