PDA

View Full Version : New Business in Eastern NC --- Help ---

Bogielski
08-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Ive been reading alot on the forums, and this isnt new. but im just curious to know what type of business people have formed.

Im talking about the business structure. What type of business structure do you use? Is it a Sole proprietor, Partnership, LLC with one owner, LLC Partnership, S Corporation or a Corporation.

What are the benefits or drawbacks to what you chose and why you chose it.

Im in North Carolina and i started a small business, though im not legal yet, i meet tomorrow with a CPA with regards to forming and licensing my business.

I will be forming something by the end of next week with the State and Federal requirements. Ive also looked into umbrella coverage for 500.000 coverage. Is this enough for a small business to start with.

I currently own a 2500hd, 20' enclosed trailer, 2 echo trimmers, 2 back pack blowers, 2 push mowers, 2 hedge trimmers, pressure washer, and a 42'' husquavarna hydro walk behind with a sulky.

marcuslawnguy
08-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey another onslow county member ya! About the insurance it depends on the kind of accounts you do. I'm not good with the specifics but it sounds like your heading in the right direction. How do you like the rain. Sure does make things hard sometimes.

Bogielski
08-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Yea when it rains almost everyday ... Not alot gets done ...

Bogielski
08-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Im leaning towards an LLC for liability reasons. And i just picked up an apartment complex so im trying to start out on strictly commercial accounts. i do have some residential though.

Bogielski
08-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Hmm no responses ...

marcuslawnguy
08-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Sounds like the way to go. How in the world did you get a apartment complex this late in the season? good job though.

tinman
08-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Sole proprietor for now until you grow a bit.