PDA

View Full Version : firt year doing good

dalmquiz
08-14-2009, 12:20 AM
as a solo biss owner in my first year should i have a bookeper

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-14-2009, 12:31 AM
That depends on how complex your biz is. You haven't told us what you do. Mow only?
Generally for the first season, you should not need a bookkeeper. Start an Excel sheet to log your A/R, receipts, and expenses. I even track my accounts and their progress on the same document. Eventually, I will go to Quickbooks which would make things much easier.

dalmquiz
08-14-2009, 12:44 AM
nice kinda what i'm doing,ya i mow and just got luckey and landed my second big landscaping job 4 about 7500 .

jada86
08-14-2009, 06:33 AM
You shouldn't need a bookkeeper until you don't have the time to input your information. QuickBooks is awesome! Do hire an accountant to do your taxes though so you receive all the tax breaks you can!!!

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-14-2009, 11:41 PM
nice kinda what i'm doing,ya i mow and just got luckey and landed my second big landscaping job 4 about 7500 .

You are a solo op landing a 7.5K landscape job? Surely you must have help.
Have done some whopper 2K ones that just about take the sap out of me.

Sean Adams
08-15-2009, 05:42 AM
The earlier you start using the right kind of software the better for all bookkeeping and accounting needs. I highly recommend Groundskeeper Pro Software. Yes, they are a sponsor, but I would recommend them regardless - check them out at http:www.adkad.com

tinman
08-15-2009, 09:42 PM
I doubt it. Until your free time is consumed with working in the biz you can keep your own books. Also it is good experience simce you always want to know what is going on even when you have a bookkeeper. good luck