PDA

View Full Version : Where to Dump

alloymetals
08-14-2009, 03:55 AM
I just started a my Landscape/Lawn Care Services this spring and now i want to offer fall clean up and was woundering where in SE Wisconsin can i go and dump off leaves and other debries from fall clean up?

thanks garret

White Gardens
08-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Look around your area. There should be a Landscape Recycling center somewhere.

First call your local gov't and see what they do with their debris.

STIHL GUY
08-14-2009, 09:26 PM
drive really fast with your tailgate down. it should take care of most of the leaves.

But seriously see if you can find a farm or someone that owns a lot of land and see if they will let you dump there

sven1277
08-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Most town transfer stations in our area will accept leaves. Try a free ad in the paper or craigs list, too. People are often looking for leaves to compost.

White Gardens
08-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Regardless, you need to check with the EPA rules for your state. I know here that you can't take material out of the municipality you collected unless it's chipped or shredded.

Any leaf or lawn debris hauled away also needs to be tilled or turned into the soil after it has been dumped, unless you have the permits from the EPA to hold it on-site.

Most Landscape recycling centers have these permits, along with the appropriate drainage for the site.

JB1
08-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Regardless, you need to check with the EPA rules for your state. I know here that you can't take material out of the municipality you collected unless it's chipped or shredded.

Any leaf or lawn debris hauled away also needs to be tilled or turned into the soil after it has been dumped, unless you have the permits from the EPA to hold it on-site.

Most Landscape recycling centers have these permits, along with the appropriate drainage for the site.

dang , glad I don't live there. We have lots of sinkholes.

White Gardens
08-15-2009, 09:27 PM
dang , glad I don't live there. We have lots of sinkholes.

You should look into it though, just to make sure you know what your getting into if caught.

The key is to not tick off any other LCO's in the area. Stuff like this generally isn't regulated, but, once someone calls you in, they'll be on you quicker than .................................

Same goes with pesticide and herbicide usage. Once someone calls in a complaint, they'll audit you like...............................