PDA

View Full Version : Brand New in Buffalo NY

buffalonick
08-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Hi my name is Nick and im 21, i have been thinking about starting a lawn care business for about 2 years and never could convince my self on doing it. This upcoming spring i will start my business. I live in buffalo ny and i am surrounded by many houses in the proximity, and many duplexes in the city that are rented. I currently have a 2004 Ford explorer and over the next months leading into the spring season i will in vest in a 4x8 utility trailer a mower (not sure what kind) a gas trimer, and a backpack blower. I have a plan for advertising in the local town papers and on craigslist, and also door flyers for over 5000 doors in the area. I plan to invest about 1500-2000 for equipment and advertising. I really need to find more infor on business licensing, insurance, and taxes. Also i have two best friends willing to help me full time.

grandview (2006)
08-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi there,:waving:

What part of the city you going to work?

buffalonick
08-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Anywhere i can get business, i live on the buffalo cheektowaga border and im goin to store my stuff off of harlem in cheektowaga. I figure put up flyers everywhere and try and get as many contracts as possible. Prob mainley buffalo, west seneca, cheektowaga, elma, OP, and depew. What about you? Give me some info how is the business round here? How many clients? How many employees?

grandview (2006)
08-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Your spreading yourself out to much .Work from your base out. If you work in the city your suppose to get a permit. Working the 2 family kind of sucks you have to find out who the owner is and most of the time they don't live there and the tenants are not going to hire you. Your better off trying to work North up Harlem rd towards the Snyder area . What type of mower you looking at?

buffalonick
08-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Yea im still trying to figure out a plan for my areas. But as far as equipment goes im not sure yet, i figured il start small, a cheap gas trimmer, and prob spend 1000 on a mower defiantly used or two newer push mowers. I was really looking into a large commercial walk behind mower. And then a backpack blower, to start then as i get more jobs, build up my equipment. Know any good places for used mowers around here?

grandview (2006)
08-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Best chance for a mower is during the winter when guys start to unload them.