PDA

View Full Version : mini creta plus

rsrcwhite
08-15-2009, 09:45 AM
The mini creat plus has smooth surfaces on both sides, how do I make the 90 degree outside corners have that rough surface? Do I split the blocks in half?And what would be a good ratio of 3'' and 6'' minis to use?

Dreams To Designs
08-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Yes, splitting the corners will give you the rough face you desire. Each layer on the pallet has a left and a right corner piece to be used for splitting. One side will be angled and the side to split will be straight.

The ratio is up to you, but a 60-40 ratio is common, but take into account the base course is suggested to be a 6". Have done walls with a 3-1 ratio of 3" - 6" and the 6" where only used as accents & the base course, it all depends on the look you desire.

Kirk

rsrcwhite
08-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks, that helps alot. I wasnt sure how it would work out. Would you use the 6'' blocks for the corners?or it doesn't matter?
What would be the easiest way to split the blocks...splitter or hammer and chisel?
Thanks

Dreams To Designs
08-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Mix the corners up, it will look better if your wall is a mixture. Make sure you alternate and interlace the corners for a better look as well. You may also have to cut off the back edge of some of your split corners, so that you don't get too many vertical lines near your corners.

I much prefer a splitter as it is quicker and you'll have less waste or mistakes. Just about anyone can use a splitter, safely. usually the hammer and chisel takes some skill and patience.

You'll have a similar setup with the caps on the pallet, there will be two corners per layer as well. Most of the newer caps Techo makes don't have the grooves, so you can use any piece for your split corners.

Kirk