PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Painting in Colorado

tracyalan
08-15-2009, 02:14 PM
My name is Tracy, Along with my Wife (Lynn) we started Tracy & Lynn Lawn Painting Service. We started this in October of 2008 and have been growing a little every month. We have a starter web page. www.tlyardworks.com
We use a eco-friendly dye to color lawns green and help people save money on their watering bill. This is great for the forclosures that are out there and with any home owner or business that wants a nice green looking lawn. We use a 20 gallon skid type sprayer for the larger jobs and a 4 gallon back pack sprayer for the smaller jobs. Glad to send out information or just answer any questions that you may have. We serve the whole greater Denver Metro area.
Thank you and have a great day.
Tracy

skennedy04
08-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Do you have any pictures of your lawns ???

tracyalan
08-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Here is a before and after of the last lawn I just did.
Tracy

turfmanagementspecialty
08-15-2009, 05:02 PM
I am just curious. Would you want to mow it a little shorter before painting it? Where do you get your products for this? THanks

jbbarnett
08-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Not to be critical, but is there any way to get a more uniform look across the lawn. It still looks splotchy to me. it seems the green and dead looking spots are both darker so there is still a difference all across the lawn. Just interested in the business and how it works.

tracyalan
08-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Question # 1:
Yes, it's best to mow before you spray.
There are many brands out there & depending on where you live, what brand works best for you and the grass in your area.
Question # 2:
Yes, I have switched to a new lawn dye that has a more uniform look. The one I was using left parts darker and lighter. I have been using the new product when I spray doggiw spots and the color blends in perfectly and you can not tell where I sprayed or not.

tracyalan
08-15-2009, 05:35 PM
If you would like to know of different brands and where to buy, just send me an email & I can tell you. If you would like more information on any of these I would be more than happy to tell you all about it.

turfmanagementspecialty
08-15-2009, 08:38 PM
I would like to know more info regarding products, pricing and such PM me please

rusty_keg_3
08-15-2009, 09:48 PM
please pm me too... I think this is a great idea, but the only stuff i could find seemed expensive... Also, how much do you charge?

Ben's Landscape
08-15-2009, 11:35 PM
WOW i have never heard of this. PM me please i have some questions.

jbbarnett
08-16-2009, 12:10 AM
thanks for the response. I have seen this being done on a few of the foreclosures/short sales/flips in the area. I think it is a neat idea to show a home at its full potential. However, some buyers may be aggrivated if they buy thinking the home has a lush lawn only to find out it was painted on.... Oh well, maybe it will motivate them to work on their soil and lawn to get it where it needs to be. Thanks for the response I appreciate it.

Gregg1987
08-16-2009, 04:30 AM
never seen anything like this before ;) sounds interesting.

tracyalan
08-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Most of the time they leave our sign up telling the buyer that the lawn was dyed. It's not harmful to the lawn, you just let the lawn go dormant (yellow) and dye it green for the great look. Golf courses and pro football fields us this all the time for that great look. And from 10+ feet back, this looks great! You can get all colors, this is what they also use for the logos on the fields as well. I have a new product that I started using that give a more uniform look.

rusty_keg_3
08-18-2009, 12:29 PM
please post pics of your spray rig...

slicknick
09-22-2009, 10:44 PM
how often do you have to reapply this?

MileHigh
09-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Stay the hell away from my accounts.

I'm glad I don't touch aurora as of now.

If everyone turned off there irrigation and painted there lawns...I would be screwed along with the industry.

Paint is for houses...not grass.

Ridiculous.

DOLMARatOS
09-23-2009, 11:06 AM
HAHAHA.

I guess some people are really upset about business.

This is an awesome idea. Especially for people selling homes or areas that may be very sensitive to fertilizers. Plus, you could get decorative as well. Imagine a red/white/blue lawn for the 4th of July.

How about having your favorite team logo on your lawn at the kick-off of football or baseball season. Maybe your kids high-school team colors.

Can this product be used on a non-dormant lawn? Or is it just the way to make the grass look green late / early in the season?