PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use service magic to send leads to you?

andyslawncare
08-15-2009, 02:58 PM
I was contacted by a Service Magic Sales Rep yesterday and everything they offer sounds good...You only pay per lead. I'm tired of fishing out the bad customers and seems like they do a pretty good job sending you only what you want to do...

Do any of you use them to send you leads? If so, how satisfied are you with the service? And is it worth the money?

Thanks!

Think Green
08-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Andy,
Do some major homework here on this subject.
5 Years ago, my wife worked in the real estate business, and she was selling homes locally but not like she needed for the commissions. A partner of hers was contacted by a sales lead company similar to your question. My wife paid for each lead that came to their partnership. Now, all they had to do was invest into the company by paying a one time contract fee of 2,000.00 payable in installments for 12 months. They guaranteed at least 100 leads each week with complete statistics and names.
At that time the real estate market was somewhat booming here, and this was an excellent idea. Now, here is the icing on the cake!!! The leads were intended to be for the entire Arkansas area!! The cost of covering this area was immeasurable.!!!!
My wife's partner skipped out on his half of the contract, so who paid the remainder?? My wife......!!!

There wasn't a single phone call lead made by this company..........all they said was.......their was no guarantees for leads....????????????? Even though they said there would be at least 100 leads a week.
There is no guarantees on anything but tax's and death!!!
Don't jump into these company ideas thinking that they will suddenly flood your phones with calls or leads for maintenance. I would hope that they are really funnelling the calls to each person that has invested their had earned money into these sharks.!!

I don't know..................???? Do some research!!!

EVM
08-15-2009, 10:37 PM
I was contacted by a Service Magic Sales Rep yesterday and everything they offer sounds good...You only pay per lead. I'm tired of fishing out the bad customers and seems like they do a pretty good job sending you only what you want to do...

Do any of you use them to send you leads? If so, how satisfied are you with the service? And is it worth the money?

Thanks!

Build a website and get someone who can get your name near the top of the search engines lists. My buddy did the same thing for his pool company and it is paying him back big time. I think he created 100+ websites on go daddy.com. When someone types in the word "pools", his company is right there. Here is the kicker, when he can't do a job for someone because of distance etc, he turns around and sells the single lead to another pool company in another state.

LawnoftheMonth
08-15-2009, 10:46 PM
I use service magic, i got a new customer from them yesterday. I close about 50% of the leads i get from them, but you have to respond fast because several other companies get the same lead when you do.

PestPro
08-16-2009, 06:49 PM
I am in the Pest Control business, and I have used Service Magic for about 3 years now, and they seem to work out good for me