View Full Version : used gravely mower

04-23-2002, 07:26 PM
Hi ...........

I have a chance to purchase a 40 inch Gravely walk behind , the owner is telling me that it has less than 100 hours on it and that it runs great, he tells me that it needs to grips and I would have to buy a sulky.

he is offering it to me at $1300 is this a good price and how much can i anticipate paying for a sulke? can I install it myself or should I have a dealer do it and can I purchase it direct or do I have to get it from a dealer............

thanks for all the help
:blob3: jax florida

The Gladiator
05-07-2002, 03:12 PM

Thanks for your email. $1,300 seem to be a good price depending on the age and condition of the machine.

With regard to the sulky, you can expect to pay somewhere around $200.00 ~ $300.00 depending on the type.

Installing a sulky is not a difficlut task however it does require a good HD drill to drill the holes for mounting. As far as purchasing the sulky, you will need to go to a dealer more than likly.

I hope this helps.

Dan Kilgas
Product Cat. Manager
Ariens/Gravely Co.