PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Leaf Box

MnGreen
08-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Looking for others thoughts on a idea that passed through my head today regarding my need to build a leaf box for my trailer.

I have a 81" X 12' landscape trailer with a side and end gate I want to transform in to a leaf trailer for fall cleanups.
First thought was to build a 2 x 2 frame off the "inside dimensions" and sheet it with (10) free sheets of 3/8" osb I came across.
Today I was doing my daily Craigslist search and found a chain link dog kennel 6.6 x 6' X 12.
Light bulb goes off in my head and say's screw trying to build a frame and all the hassles and hardware.
Buy this assembled kennel for $100 and slide it right in the trailer, outside sheet it, paint, and mesh tarp the top.
Kennel has a wide rear/end door where I can drop my gate, swing open the door and off load.
I have e-trac along the trailers outside perimeter where I could easily strap the cage down in all corners from the top rail to the floor.

Seems to simple of a resolution, I missing something in all the excitement of a $100 leaf box ? :confused:

2low4NH
08-16-2009, 09:00 PM
i wouldnt bother with the kennel. how are you going to dump it?

mnglocker
08-17-2009, 03:38 AM
Build a box with 3 sides and a bottom using the side gate as the 4th side. Get a hyro mounted up under that thing and have it dump.

MnGreen
08-17-2009, 12:48 PM
i wouldnt bother with the kennel. how are you going to dump it?

Open rear and use the loader & rakes, or tarps pulled out with a portable 12V 4,000lb winch I have sitting around I use to pull fish houses on to trailers.

No budget for a "dump" system, just need to utilize this open trailer this season.