PDA

View Full Version : Literally crying to a customer

SangerLawn
08-16-2009, 10:48 PM
This is going to be a stupid request but I am asking everyone not to cry, I promise…there is all kinds of grass out there to cut. The main reason for this post is simply because it irritated me lol…..

Thursdays we were mowing the property that is shown in my avatar. We were almost done and a car pulled up and waved me over to him. He asked if I could come to his house and give him an estimate when we were done with the lawn we were doing.

When we arrived at his house I noticed a commercial mower has been there. I asked who was mowing it and why he wanted to change companies. The potential customer told me that the current company refused to pick up sticks. Instead they would just mow over them and they cut down several tomato plants on several occasions. I put in a bid and the home owner excepted. The lawn was recently mowed so we set a start date for the following Thursday.

On Friday (the next day) the customer called me. The customer said he called the old company to cancel service and a few minutes later the company owner was at his house. The owner of the company started to cry saying he is loosing all his work because of the economy and was almost at the point of shutting down. The client said the mower man litterly was crying with huge tears running down his face. I told the home owner it was up to him on who mows his lawn not us and he needed to decide. The home owner asked if I would be upset if he let the other company finish out the year. I told him I didn’t mind at all.

My point is simple. Have a little dignity and try not to cry to customers. If you do your job and do it well you will find all kinds of lawns to make money out of.

godzilla
08-16-2009, 10:55 PM
I've known people in the past who will do that with clients. The work usually speaks for itself though. There are however those who will stick with bad company out of sympathy or pity.

nnj18
08-16-2009, 10:58 PM
that's pathetic....
Posted via Mobile Device

bohiaa
08-16-2009, 11:15 PM
WOW, it's getting tough out there, I'm wondering if walmart would have there CEO call me and start crying if I shop some where else?

P.Services
08-16-2009, 11:37 PM
that's pathetic....
Posted via Mobile Device

you lieing sack of shat, we all know it was you that cried.

Raven386
08-17-2009, 12:29 AM
WOW, it's getting tough out there, I'm wondering if walmart would have there CEO call me and start crying if I shop some where else?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

mnglocker
08-17-2009, 02:45 AM
you lieing sack of shat, we all know it was you that cried.

Danged lawn jockey stole my trick. :hammerhead: