PDA

View Full Version : What would you pay for this mower?

Green from the Ground Up
08-17-2009, 12:39 AM
So the guy I currently work for has too many mowers. He got a good deal at the beginning of the season on a 60" Turf Tracer and he now has 3 of those and a Scag rider for 80 accounts and two men (me and him). The rider only gets used in the fall; so far this season we've been using the two newest mowers, ones with 5xx hours and 89x hours.

He wants to get rid of his oldest mower, one with 1283 hours on it.

I've worked for this guy for three seasons. While I wouldn't say he outright abuses his equipment, he doesn't go easy on it either.

This particular mower has had a pump and transmission lever replaced. It always ran well for me, but that is a lot of hours I feel. But at the same time, it is a machine I am very familiar with, comes with a sulky...I am very productive on those big mowers; using something smaller would aggravate me I feel.

How much should I offer my boss for it?

Mckenzie's Maintenance
08-17-2009, 11:45 AM
I have no idea what to offer...but I say knowing the machine's background, as well as how to use it productively and comfortably is worth something...

I say go for it ...although i dont know what the machine would be worth ??

ToroLandscaper
08-17-2009, 04:36 PM
So the guy I currently work for has too many mowers. He got a good deal at the beginning of the season on a 60" Turf Tracer and he now has 3 of those and a Scag rider for 80 accounts and two men (me and him). The rider only gets used in the fall; so far this season we've been using the two newest mowers, ones with 5xx hours and 89x hours.

He wants to get rid of his oldest mower, one with 1283 hours on it.

I've worked for this guy for three seasons. While I wouldn't say he outright abuses his equipment, he doesn't go easy on it either.

This particular mower has had a pump and transmission lever replaced. It always ran well for me, but that is a lot of hours I feel. But at the same time, it is a machine I am very familiar with, comes with a sulky...I am very productive on those big mowers; using something smaller would aggravate me I feel.

How much should I offer my boss for it?

I have had a few Exmark Turf Tracers

I loved my 60" and it was a great machine, it had around 700 trouble free hours when I sold it.

As far as price, ask him what he wants for it and go from there.

A great price = $2350
A good price = $2550
A fair price = $2750

However, you will make your money back with that machine.