PDA

View Full Version : Debris loader for fall cleanups

Woodland
08-17-2009, 08:53 AM
I've been looking mostly at a Billy Goat HTR debris loader. My primary reason for this brand/model is name recognition and dealer availability. I also have access to GiantVac and Echo BearCat. There is no Little Wonder or Lesco dealer near me so please don't recommend them. Do these companies have models that compare to the Billygoat HTR in size and quality (I don't mean to imply that Billygoat is the benchmark in quality, just that they are the brand I have focused my research on). Keep in mind, none of my dealers carry any units in stock so my purchase will be a "special order".

Woodland
08-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Also wondering if anyone would like to share pics of how you designed your dump trailer for leaf pickups with a debris loader. I have a general idea in my head but would love to see some other ideas or neat little features you've found helpful.

Kylec3
08-17-2009, 01:41 PM
We have a billygoat debri loader but its vacuum is kind of weak and it takes a little longer then what i have seen other guys using...they probably have different models though? I dont know what it is off the top of my head...but we mount it on the front of the trailer and shoot it right up into our 12ft stake/dump body...works fine

Mowbizz
08-17-2009, 03:54 PM
I designed my box to be taken apart in 4 sections and it comes apart in about a half hour.
Lawnsite won't let me post pics of my rig because I have already posted them here once...stupid rule but if you do a search on "post pictures of your leaf loaders" you will find lots of pics...

Woodland
08-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Update...It turns out there is a Little Wonder dealer fairly close by. Not really sure about them, however. The closest model to the BillyGoat HTR is a 16hp unit or the 22hp which I'm sure is a lot more expensive. I was really looking at around 3k.

Sweet Tater
08-19-2009, 08:54 PM
I designed my box to be taken apart in 4 sections and it comes apart in about a half hour.
Lawnsite won't let me post pics of my rig because I have already posted them here once...stupid rule but if you do a search on "post pictures of your leaf loaders" you will find lots of pics...

post pics in your personal album on Ls then you never have to post them again, just give a link

Mowbizz
08-19-2009, 09:25 PM
post pics in your personal album on Ls then you never have to post them again, just give a link

LOL...I didn't know I had a personal album...I'll look for it, thanks!