PDA

View Full Version : Concrete Buggy and slopes

VO Landscape Design
08-17-2009, 01:10 PM
I am going to be renting a Concrete Buggy to move some rock for a dry creek bed. Anyone have some experience with these? I will be going down a hill/slope to get to the dump area, not sure of the % of grade. How steep can it be before problems might arise, approx.? The guys at the rental place didn't know, the boss was out at the time. Coming from where the truck is. The black is were it is going. The red line is the optimal area to come from (railroad ties along the driveway by the red lines, 4" ridge), the blue is a possibility from the other side of the yard.
Thanks
VO

bocefus78
08-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Ive used 2 sizes......a 1 yarder and a 3 yarder. The 3 would be overkill for this job. All the 1 yarder's Ive used utilize a single steering wheel located in the rear of the thing. basically a backwards tricycle. As far as the slope, if you can go straight down, it shouldn't be too bad until you try to stop it. It won't stop if it's fully loaded from the looks of the pic anyway. But hey, what do I know.....I was moving concrete.

Heres what I wonder.....how are you going to get the rock in the buggy? If using a machine, just drive the machine down the hill and dump it. I can tell you theres no truck driver going to try to accurately dump .75 yards into a 1 yd. buggy (at least around here). Get them too full and they dont dump, blow tires, etc....Nevermind an unbalanced load on a tricycle going down a sideways hill. If it was me, Id have the truck dump down the hill and use a skidsteer to place it where you want it. Just my $.02.

White Gardens
08-18-2009, 01:30 PM
It's all down-hill. Just use a wheel-barrow, maybe find one with two wheels for stability.

That area needs a wall and a path from the steps, maybe even a small paver landing or patio. That would give the HO more of a return on the expense.

VO Landscape Design
08-19-2009, 02:53 PM
It's all down-hill. Just use a wheel-barrow, maybe find one with two wheels for stability.

That area needs a wall and a path from the steps, maybe even a small paver landing or patio. That would give the HO more of a return on the expense.

Discussed a wall with them but the expense is not in the budget now. There will be a path off the steps up to the dry creek bed and across. Rain has slowed things down here.
VO

AintNoFun
08-19-2009, 04:34 PM
ive seen a track type concrete buggy on a job once but dont know how made it..