PDA

View Full Version : 8" Collection Hose

vgshopboss
08-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Anybody out there found a hose supplier that sells something that lasts longer than a year yet? I have 6 Ultimate Vac collection units (picture a Trac-Vac made of heavy gauge sheet metal on boat trailer tires) and I burn up about 40 feet or so of the 8" rubber collection hose a year. At almost $20 a foot, that gets expensive. I have tried to use 8" flexible culvert, but it is not flexible enough. It just drives me insane to put $200 worth of hose on a machine, and in 4 days its covered in Gorilla Tape. Any ideas?

Dstosh
08-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Are you using the stuff out of j-thomas?

vgshopboss
08-18-2009, 04:44 PM
No, not much good luck with them in the past, I buy it from one of two equipment dealers here in the cities. Can usually get it down to $15-$17 per foot if I buy it in large quantities. But it seems like within about 5 days, I'm seeing duct tape on hoses here and there, it seems to pinhole way too easily.

Jimslawncareservice
08-18-2009, 05:26 PM
i think my scag tt has 8'' for the tube that goes to the clamshell bagger. i drive past trees (pine and everything in between) i get cought on stuff here and there. when i bag when its wet i have to take the tube off and pound on it to get the slimy grass of the sides. It is 4 years old now. maybe check with a scag dealer.