PDA

View Full Version : I wanna see some pics of bigger spray rigs

thelawnkid
08-17-2009, 04:18 PM
I am going to be upgrading my spray system here very soon. And I am just looking for pics of everyones spray rigs. Just tryin to get ideas for what im gonna do next. Anyone got anything in the 400 to 600 gallon range? Thats about what Im looking for. Thanks.

RigglePLC
08-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Click on my name to see my "Public Profile"and take a look at my pictures of truck and spray rig. 420 gallons altogether. Truck is a one ton. Hose guide is cut from a one qt oil can--works sweet. 6 gal per min Hypro pump--output is about 3.5 gal per minute at the nozzle. 300 foot hose. Hanney reel. Permagreen Ultra, showing new parts added.

Rhett@Gregson-Clark
08-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Lawn Kid,

Click on this link you can see a few examples of spray trucks that we have built. [URL="www.gregsonclark.com/custom_trucks.html"] Lots of options are available. If you call our office we can discuss the best solutions for your needs and work up a quote. Thanks.

Rhett Clark
Gregson-Clark Spraying Equipment
800-706-9530

topdog
08-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Riggle,

do you find it hard to carry fert, & spray cans with that size of spray tank in the bed? I seem pretty full in my truck with cans, nurse tanks, & chemical jugs.

RigglePLC
08-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Topdog--you are correct--space is at a premium. I work with what I have. I only carry one hand can. Plus several one quart hand sprayers for handcan-like duties. Nutsedge, weed spot spray, and crabgrass spot spray--plus one sprayer for hand-washing water. All above goes in the front corners of the bed. Manage and Drive go under the front seat--also Talpirid. If I am carrying a spreader, I can get about 10 bags of fert on the back of the truck--if--I stack it just right. I can get ten more in the cab if I need to, or if it rains. Weight is a problem--LOL--I never fill the tank when I am carrying the weight of the fertilizer.

Keep in mind that I put a pallet of fert on the truck for the first two rounds. I do not mount the tank on the truck until July 4th. You do what you can. Works for me.

topdog
08-19-2009, 07:40 AM
that's what I have ran into. wasn't bad running the first 2 dry rounds, but after that seemed like not enough room for everything.

RigglePLC
08-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Nurse tank? We use the big tank as a nurse tank. Any weed killer in it is dilute so almost insignificant. We add weed killer to Permagreen tank separate.

topdog
08-19-2009, 09:23 AM
i carry a 60 gallon tank (nurse) that i use to fill spray cans, & my permagreen from. it is just gravity feed. i have a 300 gallon lesco skid sprayer. it's not a space saver style, so it takes up too much room to carry in the truck.

RigglePLC
08-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Top. I see what you mean. I suppose you can barely get a spreader and 4 or 5 bags of fert in the bed. Can you cut it in half and turn the tank sideways, behind the cab? Or turn the reel sideways so it pays out to the right side.
For maximum stacking of bags I put two layers flat. Then stand the rest on end, on top of the two flat layers. Use the one-quart hand sprayers. They take up less room. They spray about a thousand sqft. Use about an ounce of Three-way per quart. I carry my weed killer in a "Tip'n'pour" one quart self measuring bottle. Of course, when I use the Permagreen Ultra I carry a 2.5 gal jug. Usually fill from customer hose.
http://www.gilmour.com/Tank-Sprayers/Hand/Hand.aspx

Josh.S
08-19-2009, 10:27 PM
If anybody is looking for a real spray rig I will be posting mine for sale soon (when I get motivated). It is a 1993 International 4300. Carries 1000 gallons between two 500 gallon tanks and has the capacity to sit two pallets behind the tanks. All while getting at least 10 miles per gallon.

PM me if interested. Has 300 foot of new green guard hose with automatic hose reel. And a honda motor (6 hp maybe?) with a 3 piston pump.

topdog
08-21-2009, 03:10 PM
where do you get your tilt n pour from?

RigglePLC
08-21-2009, 08:36 PM
I got my "Tilt n pour" from Lesco. Not sure if JDL carries them. I also have a few squeeze and measure containers--great for measuring out an ounce of product.

Found a Tip and pour link:
http://www.landscaperpro.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1945