PDA

View Full Version : Well, I finally did it...

Thunderhead
08-18-2009, 01:25 AM
Late this evening I went and bought the Super Z 31/60 from my local dealer, SNR Enterprise on South Satsuma Rd. in Livingston, Louisiana. Ricky Aime and his wife Sherri are Wonderful, Wonderful people. Their Hustler dealership and extremely friendly service is second to none. Thats one of the main reasons I bought a Hustler to begin with...

Thanks PJ for answering all my e-mails, and very promptly at that. You played a Major role in my decision on buying the Hustler brand. You should give yourself an "attah' boy!" pat on the back.

Thanks,
Thunderhead:)

mowerconsultant
08-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Congrats!!
Welcome to the Hustler family!!
Did you take delivery yet? if so wheres the pics? lol... :)
I am glad I could answer your questions and was able to help, thats what we are here for.

Pj

Raven386
08-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Congrats on the new mower purchase!

Thunderhead
08-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Thank Ya'll for the Congrats.:waving:

Yes, it is finally home!:):clapping: It was waiting for me under the car port. But only for a very short time because my dealer is coming back to pick the machine up Thursday............................................................................................ .................................................................................................... ...................................................................TO INSTALL MY ACCESSORIES ON IT!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

Seriously though, when I got home I looked it over real good and of course cranked it up and hit the throttle alittle... My God that 31 hp Kawasaki will Purrrrrr!! I could "feel" the power just by listening to the engine. I even saw a small grin on my daddy's face- and this is coming from a person who doesn't do this often.

It was almost dark when I got home. I hurried up and hooked my trailer up, loaded up the mower, and took it to the store to fill both tanks (and my truck) up with fuel. $54.02 for the truck, which was almost on "E" and $34.83 for the mower, which WAS on "E".

$88.85 total for mower and truck @ $2.49/gal. :hammerhead::rolleyes::cry:

I came straight back home, unloaded it, looked it over (and listened to the engine again:laugh:) and put it in the shed AND LOCKED IT UP! As I was driving it to the shed (about 40 ft), I couldn't believe that it was just a few days ago I was even considering a smaller model AND a different brand. Just from the 2 or 3 minutes that I've been on my mower today, I KNEW I would've made a mistake if I wouldn't have got the Super Z. No doubt in my mind at all.

The main reason (next to the best dealer a person could hope for) that I bought a Hustler was because of the Customer Support. Out of all the other brands and models that I looked at, NO OTHER MANUFACTURER OF ZTR MOWERS has given me the peace of mind like the "people" did that's associated with the Hustler brand. Thats not my opinion, thats a FACT because I HAVE experienced it.

Again, I can't express the kindness that my dealer, and online support has shown me. Hell, a while back I even called the Hustler factory in Hesston, Kansas and talked to a feller for a good while about their product and customer support. Extremely nice and professional.

mowerconsultant
08-19-2009, 01:10 PM
I know the feeling on the fuel fill ups... lol... I have the same mower sitting in my garage... lol...
What are you putting on it for acc's?

Pj

puppypaws
08-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Thank Ya'll for the Congrats.:waving:

Yes, it is finally home!:):clapping: It was waiting for me under the car port. But only for a very short time because my dealer is coming back to pick the machine up Thursday............................................................................................ .................................................................................................... ...................................................................TO INSTALL MY ACCESSORIES ON IT!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

Seriously though, when I got home I looked it over real good and of course cranked it up and hit the throttle alittle... My God that 31 hp Kawasaki will Purrrrrr!! I could "feel" the power just by listening to the engine. I even saw a small grin on my daddy's face- and this is coming from a person who doesn't do this often.

It was almost dark when I got home. I hurried up and hooked my trailer up, loaded up the mower, and took it to the store to fill both tanks (and my truck) up with fuel. $54.02 for the truck, which was almost on "E" and $34.83 for the mower, which WAS on "E".

$88.85 total for mower and truck @ $2.49/gal. :hammerhead::rolleyes::cry:

I came straight back home, unloaded it, looked it over (and listened to the engine again:laugh:) and put it in the shed AND LOCKED IT UP! As I was driving it to the shed (about 40 ft), I couldn't believe that it was just a few days ago I was even considering a smaller model AND a different brand. Just from the 2 or 3 minutes that I've been on my mower today, I KNEW I would've made a mistake if I wouldn't have got the Super Z. No doubt in my mind at all.

The main reason (next to the best dealer a person could hope for) that I bought a Hustler was because of the Customer Support. Out of all the other brands and models that I looked at, NO OTHER MANUFACTURER OF ZTR MOWERS has given me the peace of mind like the "people" did that's associated with the Hustler brand. Thats not my opinion, thats a FACT because I HAVE experienced it.

Again, I can't express the kindness that my dealer, and online support has shown me. Hell, a while back I even called the Hustler factory in Hesston, Kansas and talked to a feller for a good while about their product and customer support. Extremely nice and professional.

I bet you remember me telling you in another post; if you did not buy the Super Z after running one, you would be a sick puppy. There is no comparison in handling or hydraulics of any mower manufactured when comparing it to the Super Z.

I was talking face to face with one of the top Hustler mechanics in the country this morning. He looks after 14 different name brand mowers, and will tell me the exact truth about each brand. He was working on a Hustler Z that a large lawn maintenance company owns (checking pump pressures and servicing), this morning.

I told him there was not a mower on the market that handled as well, or had hydraulics as smooth as the Super Z. He said, "no, I've operated all brands at one time or another, and the Super Z is smoother handling than any mower on the market." This is coming from a person that is not biased (he could care less), and I know to be very truthful, with many years of experience.

Thunderhead
08-19-2009, 09:31 PM
I bet you remember me telling you in another post; if you did not buy the Super Z after running one, you would be a sick puppy.

Yelp puppy, I sure do remember that.

PJ,

The Hustler accessories I'm getting are the flex forks, headlight kit, and steering extension kit. What do you think about the flex forks on the Super Z ??
I may not need the steering extension kit- me and my dealer are going to look at that. I already bought it, but hasn't came in yet. If I decide I don't need it, my dealer said he would refund my money on it. I couldn't go wrong with that.

I also ordered the Qwikchute OCDC earlier this morning from Florida. I hope it works like everybody says it does because the price ain't cheap! ($264.75 delivered)

What do ya'll think about running AMSOIL in the engine? Dealer says I could do it ONLY AFTER the engine gets 100 hours on it, otherwise Kawasaki wouldn't warranty it if anything should happen BEFORE it reached 100 hours with AMSOIL in it.

What about the hudraulics? I know it says 20w50 motor oil, but could I run AMSOIL synthetic in that system also? If so, how many hours do I have to wait before I can start??

Thanks,

mowerconsultant
08-20-2009, 09:53 AM

PJ,

The Hustler accessories I'm getting are the flex forks, headlight kit, and steering extension kit. What do you think about the flex forks on the Super Z ??
I may not need the steering extension kit- me and my dealer are going to look at that. I already bought it, but hasn't came in yet. If I decide I don't need it, my dealer said he would refund my money on it. I couldn't go wrong with that.

I also ordered the Qwikchute OCDC earlier this morning from Florida. I hope it works like everybody says it does because the price ain't cheap! ($264.75 delivered)

What do ya'll think about running AMSOIL in the engine? Dealer says I could do it ONLY AFTER the engine gets 100 hours on it, otherwise Kawasaki wouldn't warranty it if anything should happen BEFORE it reached 100 hours with AMSOIL in it.

What about the hudraulics? I know it says 20w50 motor oil, but could I run AMSOIL synthetic in that system also? If so, how many hours do I have to wait before I can start??

Thanks,

Sounds like your gonna have a nice pimped out ride there!!
Flex Forks are probably the most desired option on that mower, they make a huge difference in the ride.
As to Amsoil... feel free to put it in the hydro system at your 5 hour initial filter change, you might as well drain the system and switch, no need to worry about break in with the hydro system.
As to the engine, some dealers say 50 hours and some say 100, I think either way your going to be fine.

Pj

puppypaws
08-20-2009, 10:08 AM

I can now promise you this, come back and tell me if I'm correct with this statement. Every time you mow with your new Hustler Super Z you will continue to be amazed, and it really makes no difference how many hours you operate the machine. You will find yourself saying, I can't believe a mower is able to cut this much grass in such a short period of time and the handling is truly unbelievable.

I know I will be correct in how you will feel, almost talking to yourself at times in amazement. Come back and tell me how far off I was in describing your thoughts and feelings as you operate the machine more and more.

JimmyJ
08-20-2009, 02:44 PM
I just bought the Super Z with the 31 HP Kawasaki and what a ride. I got the flex forks and what a ride. I had a little trouble figuring out the flex forks. I was trying to cut too close to the ground and scalping more than I should have. After i got the height right, what a ride!!!!! I used 20W-50 Amsoil in the first hydraulic change and it took 5.5 quarts. I used 0W-20 Mobile for the engine first change and it is still running great. My wife loves it better than the regular Z I had. You know what they say, "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." I found out a long time ago that if you can make them thank it was their( wife or girlfriend) idea everything goes a lot smoother. Good luck with your new Z. Oh yea, have fun getting the filter off!!!

Thunderhead
08-21-2009, 07:01 PM
...As to the engine, some dealers say 50 hours and some say 100, I think either way your going to be fine.
Pj

But what does Kawasaki say??

My dealer said, that Kawasaki said, I have to put 100 hours on it before switching to Amsoil (or any synthetic). Since you are a Hustler rep., I'll let my dealer know what you told me (50 hours or 100 hours) and see what he says. IF I can switch over to Amsoil synthetic at 50 hours and STILL BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY if something should happen, then thats what i'll do...

mowerconsultant
08-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Go with what your dealer says then, I personally have always gone with the 50 hour mark, I am not a Kawasaki rep though, they would be the people to ask.

Pj