PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Fungus!?

LR3
08-18-2009, 01:34 AM
I applied this mulch about two months ago and within the last week or so this yellow "puke" looking fungus started forming everywhere. It lasts about four days then dies creating a hard black patty of its "live" shape. Any ideas of what it is and how do I, 1. Fix it and 2. Prevent it from happening in the future. Thank you in advance.

DiyDave
08-18-2009, 06:07 AM
I don't think there is much you can do about it, it's called dog vomit fungus, just appears in high humidity, kinda like stinkhorn fungus, just live with, dispose of if someone complains.

Smallaxe
08-18-2009, 07:18 AM
We have had it show up in one mulch bed several different times throughout the summer and even moved into nearby grass.
Dog Vomit Fungus is an intereasting term but easy to remember. It may bear a google search, but I think the same way as DIY - not much to be done, except wait for the weather to change, and back off the sprinklers.

LR3
08-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.

DiyDave
08-18-2009, 06:43 PM
We have had it show up in one mulch bed several different times throughout the summer and even moved into nearby grass.
Dog Vomit Fungus is an intereasting term but easy to remember. It may bear a google search, but I think the same way as DIY - not much to be done, except wait for the weather to change, and back off the sprinklers.
News flash, the latin name for this fungus is wetbootsus kootsus! :laugh::waving:

dKoester
08-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Thats hilarious! We know who.