PDA

View Full Version : landscaping blocks

walters lawn
04-24-2002, 06:28 AM
hi i would like to know if any knows where i can get some of the landscaping stones like lowes has wholesale.here is a pic of what i am using thay are 1.77 at lowes.

PAPS
04-24-2002, 07:49 AM
those blocks are very common, you can find them anywhere, Home Depot, any mason supply store... will have them.

dougaustreim
04-24-2002, 08:06 AM
Just do an Internet search on retaining wall blocks and you should find sites for all of the major manufactures and a list of thier distributors. There's probably a dozen companies out there that make these, most have plants all over the US

Examples Keystone, Rockwood, Allen Block, VerAlock, Diamond, London Stone, Mesa, aand the list goes on and one.

There will likely be several wholesale distributors in your area.

You can even do what we did, we became the Rockwood distributor for our area and we wholesale them to other landscapers. You need to be using a pretty good volume yourself though to make that work

Doug Austreim
Austreim Landscaping

SCAPEASAURUSREX
04-24-2002, 09:33 PM
They look similar to the Anchor or Grinnel Garden wall blocks.. Your not gonna find them cheaper than that at lowes, .. But they probably arnt the same as the ones you would get at a mason yard or stone place.. I think they usually run $2.50 ish each at a supply place...The ones I've seen at the home depot are smaller than the commercial ones... almost half the size..

AK Lawn
04-24-2002, 10:46 PM
realistically this is the best place i have found, the cheapest and easiest to come by, but wholesalers some times work not sure about where you are form
AK Lawn

strickdad
05-25-2002, 07:45 AM
those blocks are made by "oldcastle" you should have one in your area..... by the way if you are gonna need alot of them lowes will sell them cheaper than 1.77 we got a price from them of 1.37 a block (marked price was also 1.77) we needed 1140 of them... go to the commerical sales counter.....