PDA

View Full Version : Pricing for Fertilizing

fuzz_1982
08-18-2009, 02:06 PM
I am just starting to get into fertilization and I would like to know how you bid a fertilization job. I know it depends on the type of fertilizer you use, and how much you paid for it, but can you give me an idea of what you use and how you price it?

Thanks for your help.

Kutz Lawns
08-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Here's what I do, for my regular customers I tell them a flat rate to fertilize their lawn, say $45 to $65 labor, whatever!

I'll buy the fertilizer at Home Depot and charge them the same price I paid for it at no mark up.

I use Vigoro products from Home Depot and most are timed released and work extremely well for me and my customers.

I think charging the customer the same price for the fertizer as I pay is the customer's incentive and most of them go for it!

I usually fertilize each lawn 2 or 3 times a year.

Good Luck With Your Project!

Wade Landscaping
08-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Kinda off-topic, but do you need a license to apply fert, or is that just for pesticide?

jada86
08-24-2009, 06:18 AM
Check with your local county extension office about the licensing as they are your best resource for horticulture and since they are not looking to make a buck, will give you the correct answer.

White Gardens
08-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Kinda off-topic, but do you need a license to apply fert, or is that just for pesticide?

Yes, check your extension office for the right answer.

For our area, you need a license for pesticides and herbicides, but not for fert. But, the stipulation is that you need to carry plenty of insurance to cover any fert disasters.

One situation comes to mind, A local LCO applied fert to a property, and the neighbor had an allergic reaction to the phosphorus in the fert. She didn't know it at the time when she was standing out-side, down wind of the applicator.