PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Eastern Connecticut!!!!

LR3
08-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Hello people, I hope all is well and business is booming for you. I am a small, one man operation running in Eastern Connecticut. Officially, this is my first full season in the biz. I started at the beginning of spring last year but ended up spending the entire season on a man's private island of the coast of Connecticut. It was a small, two acre property that had been negleted for seven years. That property alone enabled me to pay off the equipment I started with and purchase a whole lot more. So here I am, working my first full season on the "mainland". That island provided me with a great opportunity and open a ton of doors for which I am forever grateful for.
I was a member at a different site and I am happy to become a new member here recognizing the volume of knowledge you people have to offer. I thank you all in advance for any questions you may be able to answer. Thank you! Anyway, I look forward to reading up in the threads and learning more and possible making some new acquaintences here. Good luck in your work and do well! Peace!

Ben's Landscape
08-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Welcome!!! You will find great information on this site. Buy good commercial equipment that will take the abuse. That is the best advice i could give you. Good luck. Look forward to seeing and hearing more about your biz.

LR3
08-19-2009, 01:19 AM
I'm with you on that Ben, you get what you pay for. Thanks for the welcoming and the advice. My best advice to you, at the moment, is to continue working hard, continue taking pride in your work and never, ever, forget to pay the IRS. lol Cheers!!!

g21
08-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Hey Ben,
Great to hear that you are off to a great start without much debt. If there are any areas that you need help with, don't hesitate to ask. ALMA is based out of CT so obviously I have a great deal of experience in the area.
Good Luck!
Tommy