PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Weeping Redbud

Sweet Tater
08-18-2009, 10:08 PM
I ave a customer that planted a twisted weeping redbud in her fromt lawn. I am not familiar with this tree and it was mail ordered so no one around here is familiar either. The tree has been doing well, growing and nice foliage all summer, however now the leaves are starting to get crisp and fall. is this something to be concerned about or is this an early domancy tree?

Thanks for any help on this one

integrityman
08-19-2009, 12:13 AM
The following is ONLY my opinion based upon personal experience with Redbud trees:
They don't do well in hot, dry conditions. They do somewhat better as an understory tree, that is growing under the canopy of other, larger trees.

A couple of things to suggest. Get a Ross root feeder if you don't have one and follow the directions to fertilize it.

Sprinkle a fair amount of good organic fertilizer around the drip line of the tree. I like Espoma brand organics. It is a very well rounded, quality fertilizer.

Good luck.

Sweet Tater
08-19-2009, 08:04 PM
something to start with, thank you very much

landl
08-19-2009, 09:51 PM
For what it is worth, take a sample to the local extension office. A branch with both healthy and the "crisp " ones too. It could be lack of moisture combined with the heat or something else. It starts with a sample.

Sweet Tater
08-20-2009, 03:31 PM
did that yesturday with a soil sample, thank you for the suggestion