PDA

View Full Version : Stupid homeowner story

FdLLawnMan
08-19-2009, 12:36 AM
So I am at one of my customers properties today and I can't believe what I am looking at. These are rather large properties out in the country so wind can become an issue. I am filling up my T when I look up and see the next door neighbor riding his John Deere pulling one of those cheap little Fimco 2 nozzle sprayers. The wind is blowing pretty good so you should be using AI nozzles. Well, he had the pressure jacked up pretty good because he had a pretty good fog going on behind the sprayer. Then I look at him and he is wearing one of those white paper masks over his mouth, the kind that does no good to prevent herbicides from passing through. The best part is he is not wearing a shirt, is wearing shorts and has tennis shoes on. He gets off the tractor to use the hand wand and walks all over the just sprayed grass with his tennis shoes and then sprays weeds in the wind with no shirt on and no long pants.
This guy made my day.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Just hope that guys like this don't spray around YOUR home.
I have seen it around mine, yikes.

4.3mudder
08-19-2009, 01:14 AM
LOL, I'm suprised he didn't have a cold one in his other hand.

RigglePLC
08-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Almost the same last week. Homeowner was using a big jug clearly marked Roundup. No shirt, sneakers--no socks, shorts, no hat, no gloves, no eye protection.

Grandview
08-19-2009, 09:08 AM
I have seen applicators for hire do some of those same things. It is not limited to home owners.

grassman177
08-19-2009, 09:15 AM
this is the best reason that chemicals should not make it to the hands of homeowners, it aint a monopoly thing, it is a environmental and safety thing. complete idiots most of them, wow

suzook
08-19-2009, 10:37 AM
I have seen applicators for hire do some of those same things. It is not limited to home owners.

i have also. no mask, no shirts, and wearing shorts.

jason u
08-19-2009, 11:57 AM
I find it hilarious when customers neighbours come over and say "Hey you are poisoning the air with that stuff" as they are smoking......

hughmcjr
08-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Almost the same last week. Homeowner was using a big jug clearly marked Roundup. No shirt, sneakers--no socks, shorts, no hat, no gloves, no eye protection.

you should see the Mexicans that are hired for grass seed farms here. When they spot spray the fields manually with a backpack they spray each other with Roundup. :hammerhead: No BS they spot spray 100+acre fields standing side by side all day in April/May.

turfcobob
08-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Then let this guy get sick from what he is spraying and he will blame it on you for what you are spraying. No logic or sense in any of it.

rcreech
08-19-2009, 10:27 PM
No fertilizers or pesticides should be sold to homeowners!

kirk1701
08-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Yep,
No offense to anyone here but thats typical for Kentucky.

I've lived from coast to coast and I've seen some of the stupidest people here I've ever seen.

Yep, neighbor being one of um which I've seen do the same crap and spray fence row, kill stuff I have planted with drift.

ksJoe
08-20-2009, 10:56 AM
No fertilizers or pesticides should be sold to homeowners!

Good luck with that. Reducing the amount sold to homeowners could be done legislatively, but I don't see how it could be prevented entirely.

Isn't Fusilade II only supposed to be sold to licensed applicators? I got some on ebay, and a local dealer also offered to sell me some too.

I expect to be buying all my chemicals online in the future. Except when I need something immediately (last weekend when I replaced the back door and found termites, so I got some Bifenthrin at Lowes).

Actually.... if they tried to outlaw it for homeowners, it would increase the amount shipped through the mail with poor packaging.

(I'm a homeowner)

jason u
08-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Here in Alberta, as of January 1, 2010 - there is a ban on the retail sale of weed and feed products!!!! The only drawback is that now homeowners are stockpiling this stuff.....

LushGreenLawn
08-20-2009, 02:53 PM
No, fusilade ii is not a restricted use product. It is not labeled for turf, only ornpmantal beds, mabye that's what you are thinking of.

BTW, where do you get your chemicals online?

Good luck with that. Reducing the amount sold to homeowners could be done legislatively, but I don't see how it could be prevented entirely.

Isn't Fusilade II only supposed to be sold to licensed applicators? I got some on ebay, and a local dealer also offered to sell me some too.

I expect to be buying all my chemicals online in the future. Except when I need something immediately (last weekend when I replaced the back door and found termites, so I got some Bifenthrin at Lowes).

Actually.... if they tried to outlaw it for homeowners, it would increase the amount shipped through the mail with poor packaging.

(I'm a homeowner)
Posted via Mobile Device

ksJoe
08-20-2009, 03:02 PM
So far, just ebay. In addition to the fusilade II, I got a gallon of spreader sticker for $29 delivered (half of that was shipping cost).