PDA

View Full Version : best choice for torpedo grass in centipede

gunsnroses
08-19-2009, 08:47 AM
I am curious on what some of you have had the best luck to control torpedo in centipede grass. I am looking at 60% centipede to 40% torpedo. Drive, image, tranxit, monument, vantage? Torpedo has crept out of a pond bank into turf on a new client property. I am considering a light application of each in rotation. Thoughts? :cry: Cheers

RAlmaroad
08-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Go here: http://www.cdms.net/LabelsMsds/LMDefault.aspx
Read each label of your listed herbicides and check to see if they are label for centipede or/and your particular pest.
I bet you will find some interesting research, much less discovering answers for yourself.

Ric
08-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Guns

I am so far south that we don't have centipede because it gets too hot. A friend who is further north of me gave this advice. ""Wait until 2 days after the first freeze when the centipede is dormant and spray the Torpedo grass with Roundup. This might take several treatments over a period of time to control all the Torpedo grass."" Sorry this is second hand information and besides not having Centipede we only freeze about once every 10 years.

I have a herbicide Cocktail that controls Torpedo grass in St Augustine of my own making. Not unlike you I just started experimenting with different herbicides using a very liberal interpretation of the label. But I started with the label as my guide. Sorry certain things I don't share.