PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Problem

dependablelawn1
08-19-2009, 04:04 PM
I have an Exmark Turf Tracer HP 19hp 48" that is giving me a problem. With the blades engaged it runs bad and is using two times the gas it use too. I have to slow it down to cut right. Blogs down like the belts are going to come off it. Deck pulleys, belt, idler, and spindles are fine. Some times I here a tick and it will start running fine. Could the Carb solenoid be bad? I don't know I'm lost! Idles fine but off idle its dumping the gas!

Restrorob
08-19-2009, 07:01 PM
The solenoid would lean it out if anything.....

When was the valve adjustment checked last ?

Spark plugs replaced ?

dependablelawn1
08-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Valves never adjusted, plugs new. I thought about valves but they would not make the problem intermittent I don't think. The mower today was just plain running bad I don't think it ever cleared up. But I don't run it one of my guys does. It is only a year and a half old.

Restrorob
08-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Some times I here a tick and it will start running fine.

Well, With the above I can think of nothing in the fuel system that would cause it to "tick" then run right suddenly.

Either valve related (they should be checked/adjusted every 300 hrs.) or even possibly a problem with the mechanical compression release, If it's only year and a half old take it back to your dealer and let them check it out.

mowerknower
08-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Sound like its only firing on one cylinder, you said plugs are new but how is the air filter. Putting new plugs in when the air filter is plugged is just gonna make the plugs go bad again. Honestly, its only a year and a half old. I dont see many failures of any kind on the kawi engines that soon so I would check the obvious first.

topsites
08-20-2009, 02:54 AM
Fuel filter as well...

The only other thing I can think of is that PCV rubber tube,
but this is the one time that from the sound of things I don't think that's it.

Could be a bad connection, do you use Die-electric grease on your spark plug hook ups?
I do, a big tube does cost several dollars but it lasts me some years.
Yup, every single spark plug I use gets the grease, on the tip where the wire hooks into.

dependablelawn1
08-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Filters are new. Don't see a PCV rubber tube on the mower. Will check things out again today. Thanks guys, Keep the reply's coming! Lost

dependablelawn1
08-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Thanks to Green with Envy, & Tallimeca they nailed it. Bad coil! Running fine right now. Will see today when we cut 14 yards but it is a different mower right now. :clapping:
Now I've got a spongy control on the right side of my Ferris Z turn @#%&&#@*.

dependablelawn1
08-22-2009, 07:46 AM
Yep that was it cut like a new mower again yesterday. Thanks Guys:)