PDA

View Full Version : Parts for a centuri

GREENITUP
08-20-2009, 04:08 PM
I have an old Perma-green Centuri that needs some TLC (aka new parts). Where is the best place to get things like cables, side chutes, spreader impellers, hopper cover??? Anything on-line??? Thanks for any info.

grass4gas
08-20-2009, 04:49 PM
I have an old Perma-green Centuri that needs some TLC (aka new parts). Where is the best place to get things like cables, side chutes, spreader impellers, hopper cover??? Anything on-line??? Thanks for any info.

Contact Permagreen directly. They will have all the parts you need. I too have the Centri model, and is still running strong. I just ordered a few parts from them about a month ago, and they came in quick.

One thing to note...the robin/suburu engine is no longer available if you need to replace it. They are using a Honda engine.

GREENITUP
08-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Thanks G4G - sounds like everything has to come through the mail for the old machines. As for engine replacement - do you know the size or model of the Honda's that fit? Something that you can pick up at Northern Tool possibly? My Robin is still kicking - but not sure how for long

grass4gas
08-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Green,

I don't have any info on the honda's. Mine is still kicken too, however the shaft it starting to wear, which in turn is causing the clutch spline to become oblong. I replaced the clutch last year, and it was wearing out to the point where it was going to need replacing at some point this year, so I just elected to get it replaced over the winter.

I believe that someone on here did a replacement motor. I'm not sure if it was the centri or the ultra though.

I have to make a decision over the winter, as to what I am going to do. The transaxle is probably going to need replacing, as well as the sulky...alot of play in the wheels. I then will have to deal with the clutch assembly again, and then maybe the motor...yada yada yada.

I will be checking on a new rider over the winter also. We'll see what happens.