PDA

View Full Version : Want to create a lawn and landscape pricing?

cfgardengirl
08-20-2009, 05:36 PM
I have been in the landscape business for 6 years and I have decided to add lawn care to the business. Since this is new to me I am not sure how to price the 2 together. I would like to create packages ie. basic lawn and shrub care(no treatments), lawn care and landscape care with pest and fungus management, lawn care with twice a year aeration and seeding and landscape with fertilization pest and fungus management. Am I making this too complicated? What do I charge for basic lawn and landscape maint?

Thanks,
Catherine

RedSox4Life
08-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Just to give you a heads up, the likeley response you're going to get is, "Only you know your costs so only you can know your rates." or something to that effect.
I'm not trying to knock people who say that by the way, its good advice.

msclawn
08-20-2009, 07:39 PM
For starters figure your overhead (Fixed cost and know variable cost) and then divide that number by how many hours you plan to bill, then figure a reasonable profit. Mine is like $32.50/hr. Once you have this number in your head you can bid with the knowledge you are making $. Also, after a few months go back and see i=how that figure is doing, you can always adjust that number.

cfgardengirl
08-20-2009, 11:10 PM
I guess I didn't ask the right questions to get so little response.

Smallaxe
08-21-2009, 09:50 AM
With lawn care you will need to tote around mower, blower, weedeater, etc. May need to buy some of this stuff. So if you have a lawn that takes an hour, those machines need to be getting paid 'X' dollars per hour, and you need to be getting paid from loading time to unloading time throughout the day.
You know what you want in your landscape package just estimate what you need in your lawncare package.

jsf343
08-21-2009, 04:52 PM
"Only you know your costs so only you can know your rates." :laugh: