PDA

View Full Version : looking at a toro need help

browningv308
08-20-2009, 06:53 PM
hello all I'm looking at buying a 1 year old toro zero turn not sure of the model # but it has the 52 inch cut and a 19 hp motor question is will the 19 hp handle the 52 deck with out bogging down most of the lawns I cut are every 2 weeks so in the spring and fall the grass can get thick would you buy the mower with the motor and deck combo thanks for your help

The Toro Company
08-25-2009, 10:00 AM
We appreciate you taking the time to contact us regarding your prospective purchase. We've sold a lot of KA19hp/52" mowers and have many satisfied customers. The one thing to keep in mind is that at certain times of the year, like spring, cutting habits need to be modified. In thicker more lush conditions, the height at which you cut should be increased because we suggest cutting no more than 1/3 of the length of the grass blade. Another suggestion is regardless of the conditions, is to ensure you always mow at full throttle and along those same lines, ground speed should be slowed to result in the best quality of cut. Trying to cut spring grass at summer ground speeds almost never works. We also recommend that you remove grass clipping from the underside of the deck at the end of the day to ensure proper airflow. This is especially important in spring when the grass is extra juicy and likes to stick to the deck.

We hope this offers some insight in your search for the right mower. Ultimately you should make the decision after demonstrating the product.

Thank you,
The Toro Company

turfbuilder
08-25-2009, 10:12 AM
hello all I'm looking at buying a 1 year old toro zero turn not sure of the model # but it has the 52 inch cut and a 19 hp motor question is will the 19 hp handle the 52 deck with out bogging down most of the lawns I cut are every 2 weeks so in the spring and fall the grass can get thick would you buy the mower with the motor and deck combo thanks for your help

Get a bigger engine if you can. I have a 25 hp kaw on my Z Master and it kicks azz.

I have a 19hp on my Wright Stander and she will bog down a little going up hills.
I have a 23 hp on another Stander without those issues.
:weightlifter: