PDA

View Full Version : A couple jobs

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
08-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Her are a few jobs from earlier this year. The last picture is my pond and it's still a work in progress.

kgw09
08-30-2009, 12:53 AM
Very nice!

amscapes03
08-31-2009, 12:04 AM
Excellent rock placement around the pond/bottom of falls. Very natural looking. Man I hate those plastic rocks that cover the skimmer. I'm amazed that no one has come out with a natural looking cover yet. Anyway, really nice work!!!

MJS
08-31-2009, 12:33 AM
Looks great! Ponds really have a way of completing a design imo. . .
Which ballfield is that in the last picture? - it looks really familiar.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
08-31-2009, 07:09 PM
Looks great! Ponds really have a way of completing a design imo. . .
Which ballfield is that in the last picture? - it looks really familiar.

That's Lion's and Legion park here in Eureka.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
08-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Excellent rock placement around the pond/bottom of falls. Very natural looking. Man I hate those plastic rocks that cover the skimmer. I'm amazed that no one has come out with a natural looking cover yet. Anyway, really nice work!!!

Really they aren't to bad when you have planting's and more rock placed around them. I usually try to get a nice peace of flagstone to cap them off. In this case I wanted the lighter lid for my customer since she lives by herself.

Leon
08-31-2009, 09:50 PM
Eureka, been there a few times since we used to live just down the freeway in Fenton. Been all over the place and I swear the Fenton area has the crappiest soil in the world. 50% red clay and 50% rock. Give me good ol clay soil out here in California.

Right at the moment our big concern are the fires, getting close to 200,000 acres and right by LA and probably 2 weeks before they get under control!!

pitrack
09-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Looks great

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
09-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Eureka, been there a few times since we used to live just down the freeway in Fenton. Been all over the place and I swear the Fenton area has the crappiest soil in the world. 50% red clay and 50% rock. Give me good ol clay soil out here in California.

Right at the moment our big concern are the fires, getting close to 200,000 acres and right by LA and probably 2 weeks before they get under control!!

"FREEWAY" it's a highway here still.:) How long have you lived out there? We have ALOT more crappy soil area's besides Fenton now.

Hopefully your not close to the Fires.

Leon
09-03-2009, 08:45 PM
We're about 30 miles from the closest big fires but we've been a lot closer like last year when we were maybe 8 to 10 miles away. So we get a lot of smoke and sometimes ashes. UGH! They seem to be under control at the moment.

Been out year just ovr 10 years. Weather is great but I do miss an ocassional snow. If we really want snow during the winter it's only a 45 minute drive to the mountains, and 35 minutes to the beach!

Leon

The Natural Touch
CAC

alf500series
10-10-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm originally from the huge metropolis of gray summit -which is just down the road from eureka. and i don't remember having any bad soil at home. it was heaven to what we have here in the ozarks(branson): clay, rock, and smaller rock.

3 essential tools to do any yard work down here: rock bar, pick, and dynamite

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
10-10-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm originally from the huge metropolis of gray summit -which is just down the road from eureka. and i don't remember having any bad soil at home. it was heaven to what we have here in the ozarks(branson): clay, rock, and smaller rock.

3 essential tools to do any yard work down here: rock bar, pick, and dynamite

Yep you did come from a booming town.:) The bad soil is in the new building area's that are being built on the ridge tops. The older arae's are still OK.

I watched 'Rock solid" the other day and they were digging with a jackhammer that had a spade attachment might want to look into one of those.

JimLewis
11-27-2009, 04:50 AM
Very nice!!! The water features themselves I can't say anything bad about. Awesome!

Just wish there was some nice planting (trees, orn. grasses, perennials, dwarf shrubs, etc.) strategically placed around them. Then they'd look killer!

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
11-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Very nice!!! The water features themselves I can't say anything bad about. Awesome!

Just wish there was some nice planting (trees, orn. grasses, perennials, dwarf shrubs, etc.) strategically placed around them. Then they'd look killer!

They do now. The one almost has to much around the area now.

JimLewis
11-27-2009, 12:37 PM
More pics!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
11-28-2009, 12:08 PM
More pics!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

It will be awhile for anymore pics since my computer won't download off my camera for some reason. Plus I need to take some fresh pics. I'm horrible about taking pictures. I need a photographer to follow me around after each project.:hammerhead:

JimLewis
11-28-2009, 06:22 PM
I know what you mean. I used to be horrible about taking photos too. I still forget to take "before" photos on most of my jobs. I even forget to take photos at all, once in a while. Just busy trying to get the job done, collect a check, and move onto the next job. Hardly time to think about photos.

But I try to get at least after photos the very day I am done with every job. I totally forgot last week when we finished a nice job. But we'll be back next week to do more work there. Only thing is now we'll have to blow off all the leaves that have fallen and everything before I take photos now. That's why I always try to get photos the DAY OF completion. Jobs never look as nice a week or a month or 6 months later as they do the day of completion.

I bought a really nice high end camera that just sits in the back seat of my truck at all times. It's just for landscaping. My wife isn't allowed to touch it. So now I have no excuse.