PDA

View Full Version : Sarritor

exe weedman
08-21-2009, 09:53 AM
If anyone in southern Ontario has any interest in buying some sarritor weed control, I have over ordered and would be willing to sell it off at a reduced price. Times are tight and I really do not want to carry it over until next season. Let me know if you are interested.

Shawn

HayBay
08-22-2009, 12:31 AM
Is this granular with a drop spreader or using the Rittenhouse applicator.

Pm or Post Price per bag size of product too.

I have a guy in 519 that could meet you.

Ducke
09-28-2009, 09:06 AM
So how are you guys in ONT, finding Sarritor works ?
I am hearing that you all love it up in ONT,
We stopped using it down here for the time being too many customer complaints.

HayBay
09-28-2009, 02:12 PM
I was hoping to try some off of Exeweedman but the logistics of getting it here were tough. Keeping the product cool during the 6 hr drive was my concern. His prices were very good.

I however talked with the local weedman a few weeks back. He had a 1/4 of his pickup truck full of pulled dandelions and a Fiskar Hand weed puller and a bucket.

He indicated that they stopped using Sarritor
because of exact condition requirements, so this fall they will be using TOPGUN fatty acid as a spot treatment for weeds on lawns.

EcoClear even though it is Non Selective indicates on the label that spot treatment is an option.
I did not see that on the Topgun Label.

Optimum Lawn
09-28-2009, 07:16 PM
I however talked with the local weedman a few weeks back. He had a 1/4 of his pickup truck full of pulled dandelions and a Fiskar Hand weed puller and a bucket.

He indicated that they stopped using Sarritor
because of exact condition requirements, .

:laugh::laugh:

At least pulling the dandelion will actually kill it.
Sarritor is VERY hit and miss
Seen some dandelions with the fungus growing last Friday ....but with cool weather( below 15c this week) I wonder if it will actually kill the dandelion...experiment in progress and the Weedman customer gets to pay for the experiment:laugh:
At least they are begging the customers to water the stuff.
Already reamed out one Weedman tech earlier in the year....seemed better to just pull the darn weed since your visiting it anyway and be done...he kinda agreed:laugh:
Oh the joys of our Liberal government:hammerhead: and the continued mess they create:cry:

Seems we may get Killex and related products back.....need something to kill all the ragweed in some poor lawns and other places...Poor allergy sufferers
...besides the Feds say it is safe...Province says it will kill you:hammerhead:
:cry:

ted putnam
09-28-2009, 11:02 PM
:laugh::laugh:

At least pulling the dandelion will actually kill it.
Sarritor is VERY hit and miss
Seen some dandelions with the fungus growing last Friday ....but with cool weather( below 15c this week) I wonder if it will actually kill the dandelion...experiment in progress and the Weedman customer gets to pay for the experiment:laugh:
At least they are begging the customers to water the stuff.
Already reamed out one Weedman tech earlier in the year....seemed better to just pull the darn weed since your visiting it anyway and be done...he kinda agreed:laugh:
Oh the joys of our Liberal government:hammerhead: and the continued mess they create:cry:

Seems we may get Killex and related products back.....need something to kill all the ragweed in some poor lawns and other places...Poor allergy sufferers
...besides the Feds say it is safe...Province says it will kill you:hammerhead:
:cry:

I sure feel for you folks that are forced to use products that aren't effective or offer subpar results at best... I guess we ought to thank our lucky stars around here...:usflag: It must be difficult explaining to so many customers why you are struggling with weeds. Maybe things will change for the better for you. :canadaflag:

Optimum Lawn
10-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Update:laugh:
Well the coolish weather killed the sarritor before it killed the dandelion:laugh:

Last week it looked like some of the dandelions would be toasted by the fungus....this week the dandelions are coming back strong:laugh:

So this product/fungus has a operating temp of between 15-25c (60-75f). Last several days including today have been around 10c with lows around 4c and the Weedman is still dumping this stuff on customers lawns:hammerhead:
Guess they need to unload it quick and get payed before the customer catches onto the scam:dizzy:

unreal

For you all that still have sprays ...thank your lucky stars is right
Just do not abuse there use PLEASE or this is the road you too will hoe:canadaflag:

Ducke
10-03-2009, 07:49 PM
I was out this morning doing some commercial jobs.
The good Old Par III sure smelt some good.
Better then that stinky old Beat juice.
Not sure why but management sure seems set that they are going to get Sarritor to work,

Optimum Lawn
10-04-2009, 05:52 PM
I was out this morning doing some commercial jobs.
The good Old Par III sure smelt some good.
Better then that stinky old Beat juice.
Not sure why but management sure seems set that they are going to get Sarritor to work,

I would hope they don't get Sarritor to work ....why...genetically modifying it to work better, then what happens if it should take on a world of its own as in spreading and attacking food crops:laugh:
Yah it may be far fetched ...BUT ???

Weedman has bought the exclusive rights to use Sarritor for x amount of years as I read...so they have to pay for that by using it:laugh:

Ducke
10-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Yes I do believe they (WEEDMAN) are 2 years into a five year loss ah I mean plan. :)

HayBay
10-04-2009, 09:20 PM
great info guys.

Delesco
10-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Scotts is on to something for weeds

HayBay
10-10-2009, 01:55 AM
Delesco, is this what you meant:

Phoma macrostoma: A New Biocontrol Product for Broadleaved Weeds in Turfgrass
Dr. Karen Bailey, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) and Jill Fairbrand, The Scotts Company

They have been talking about it for a bit (1-2years), I wonder how it compares to Sarritor.

Optimum Lawn
10-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Well this looks like it may have some promise...better than Sarritor:laugh:
http://www.organicagcentre.ca/DOCs/ext_microstoma_factsheet.pdf

It can provide post and pre-emergant treatment of broadleaf species
Survives from 10-30c with moderate moisture levels in the soil....that's better.

Seems it can also be produce synthetically...= cheaper maybe

google Phoma macrostoma ....lots of reading/info

Delesco
10-13-2009, 12:27 PM
http://pureshelter.blogspot.com/2009/09/scotts-new-natural-weed-killer-in.html

This is the link for the Scotts product for weeds. I heard that it will be available in Ontario this spring.

Delesco
10-13-2009, 12:38 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204044204574360552684250272-search.html?KEYWORDS=gwendolyn+bounds&COLLECTION=wsjie/6month

Another link for the new Scotts weed killer.

Optimum Lawn
10-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Well I guess Weedman does not have exclusive rights to Sarritor....seems Green Lawn has been using it here as well.
And these dummies wanted to apply it to one of my costumers lawn yesterday....I was like WTF.....I asked her what is the forecasted temps for the next several days and what the temp range is for Sarritor use.
Then told her to make sure her fert spreader was actually spreading properly(last time it was only spreading out one side leaving stripes from the N)
She walked away and left:clapping::laugh:

If this is how you run a professional weed and feed business, please stop scamming the customers and making the industry look bad.

UNREAL:cry:

HayBay
10-22-2009, 05:13 PM
3 of them went in on the Sarritor.

Weedman, GreenLawn, DrGreen

Cut and Paste from 2008 Turfgrass Symposium Schedule:

Lawn Care
W12 1:30 - 2:30 Phoma macrostoma: A New Biocontrol Product for Broadleaved Weeds in Turfgrass n
Dr. Karen Bailey, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and Jill Fairbrand, The Scotts Company
W13 2:30 - 3:30 Sarritor: Report from the Trenches n Chris Lemcke, Weedman, Lee Ratcliffe,
Dr. Green Services and Gavin Dawson, Greenlawn Ltd.