View Full Version : toro proline 32
08-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Mower will not mulch? Sharp blades, clean under deck. leaves a trail in front of discharge side wheel.
08-21-2009, 08:41 PM
What's the high speed rpm's set at ?
08-21-2009, 08:43 PM
not sure, it's new
08-21-2009, 10:27 PM
If it's new take it back to the dealer.
08-22-2009, 03:02 AM
the mower is only 2 months old.
08-22-2009, 06:45 PM
The following applies to the 2 blade fixed deck 32" model, not the single blade. If you have the single blade, that could be your problem as that is too much area to be swept by a single blade while mulching.
1. Do you have the mulch KIT installed that has the baffles for each blade? If not, there is your problem. Get the mulch kit.
2. If the kit is on, there is a small plate a few inches square that installs using one of the discharge side caster arm bolts. That could have been left off the kit. It affects airflow somehow and could be the issue.
3. There is a discharge baffle (long and slender) near the discharge chute that probably would have to come off before the mulch kit would fit, but I suppose it could be affecting airflow adversely as well if it's still on the machine.
4. And of course make sure your blade pitch is correct (level to 1/4" or so higher in rear).
5. Mulching requires as deep a deck as possible. So you should have at least 3 blade spacers above your blade under the deck. This puts the blade down lower so there is more effective depth to the deck and better mulching performance.
6. How much are you cutting off at once? There are limits to mulching. Wet conditions, heavy growth, and cutting off too much would leave a windrow.
7. Also be sure to overlap passes a little extra when mulching. Sometimes you can pick up the previous row's junk and move it on the next pass.
This machine is a good mulcher, but not as good as some 3 blade decks. Not sure why. Might be the depth.
08-22-2009, 10:03 PM
thanks bruce for the info. but, unfortunately, i have the single blade 32. It has not properly mulched from the first day. in fact, i went back the next day and told the dealership where i bought it that it did not mulch. i also have two pt 21 mulchers that worked unbelievably well last year. mulched almost anything wet or dry ( even in the rain ). this year, they both leave trails every time.
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.