PDA

View Full Version : x-mas lighting?????

meets1
08-21-2009, 11:12 PM
I know this thread is full of this idea. I have only installed a few led lights on homes and made it work out. This past week I attend a meeting on seasonal lighting and thought now is the time.

What can I expect? I market hard already - hitting the current client base but at the same time I need to move outside the box and go after the estate owners, commercial buildings, etc.

I am thinking of doing our shop which is a 72x88 with 16ft side walls.

I have an add starting in a few papers next week and hope things go well. For the more seasoned men out there doing this - tell me your thoughts of to do's and not to do's.

David Gretzmier
08-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Best advice- read all the threads and posts here in the christmas section for the past few years. it is, by far the best free education out there anywhere. pricing, marketing, trucks, storage, where to buy product, etc, has been covered here extensively if you'll take a saturday and read. The answers to most of your questions are here if you will look. To answer your building question, I would not decorate your shop unless it is on a really traffic heavy street. If you do, then you have to have a huge banner/sign that says Christmas Lights Installed with your phone number to help folks "Get it"

You could easily spend 1-2 grand on materials and labor to do your shop and buy the sign, and you would probably get way more customers for less money and effort by putting out 20-30 18x24 yard signs around town every tuesday from Oct. 1-Dec. 1.