PDA

View Full Version : Gator Blades

Lawn Pro's
08-22-2009, 10:42 AM
I've been mowing with my RZT 42 and at first the cut was nice. Over a period of time the cut was getting worse and worse even though I was sharping the blades and I discovered that the original blades where so thin they were bending and flexing alot. I bought a pair of Gator Blades and the thickness is more than twice the thickness of the original blades. The cut is like night and day differences. Anyone else out there using Gator blades have the same results?

cylinder3missfire
08-22-2009, 01:05 PM
I love gator blades, You are right about the thickness. The company I used to work for put gators on every grasshopper we had. We had alot of cemetaries, dams, and right of ways we mowed and the gators gave you some extra protection from bending if you hit unseen little stumps or something of that nature. plus they are a higher lift for a little better discharge.

Lawn Pro's
08-22-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm very impressed with them from what I've mowed with them.

SangerLawn
08-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Gator blades are awesome however I prefer regular blades during summer months then use gators in the fall. Sometimes we do lawns or fist time cuts that are extremely tall. Personally I don’t feel gators do a very good job on lawns like that. They don’t do well in wet grass ether. In the fall time you can not beat a pair of gators on leaf jobs though.

Bob_n_weave
08-22-2009, 11:59 PM
High lift Gators is all I use, except during early Spring. For the first time cuts that are tall
I open up the adjustable baffle on my Toro Grandstand and no problem.

bohiaa
08-23-2009, 09:06 AM
I will NEVER purchase gators again

newtostone
08-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Its funny because I have found they work well on scag but horrible on my exmark, always clumps. I Guess its just for different mowers.

bohiaa
08-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Its funny because I have found they work well on scag but horrible on my exmark, always clumps. I Guess its just for different mowers.

Thanks for posting,
I only have 2 exmarks, and they dont do well. rather I was dissatified, and was wondering what all the hoop-la was about.

m&mmowing
08-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Thanks for posting,
I only have 2 exmarks, and they dont do well. rather I was dissatified, and was wondering what all the hoop-la was about.

What do you run on your exmarks?

moose203
08-25-2009, 03:56 PM
i Run factory strait or mulching blades on my exmarks.....they do great for me

Jason

newtostone
08-25-2009, 03:58 PM
i Run factory strait or mulching blades on my exmarks.....they do great for me

Jason

I can only run factory blades they work far better than aftermarket

dmkosko
08-25-2009, 04:56 PM
can you put gator blades on any lawn mower? For instance, i have a yard machine, will any set of gators work with that?

vanncann
08-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Tried gator's year's back, but when they cracked and the dealer could not do any thing, so I quit using. Very easy (at least the ones I used) to crack at that time and dangerous(several years back)!

fl-landscapes
08-25-2009, 07:40 PM
ive used gators for years I like em a lot. Not sure I ever had one crack on me.

Bob_n_weave
08-26-2009, 01:01 AM
No cracks here, even after hitting a chunk of metal.

dmkosko
08-26-2009, 10:40 AM
hey guys, this might be a stupid question so try not to laugh. I'm 22 and I'm taking care of the business side and am also trying to make life easier for my landscapers. That's when I started reading about these gator blades. I understand the concept of them, but with the lawn mower do I have to adjust the blade? For instance, do I have to worry about raising or lowering the blade height (What I mean is does the blade stay on the same level in the summer as the fall?)? Also, everyone is saying its a great mulcher for leaves in the fall. How does that work? Do I just keep going over the leaves until they are chopped up nicely? I hope this makes sense, thanks for the help!

jhawk60
08-26-2009, 11:16 AM
can you put gator blades on any lawn mower? For instance, i have a yard machine, will any set of gators work with that?

http://www.lawnmowerpros.com/Gator_Mulching_Blades.htm

STIHL GUY
08-27-2009, 12:00 AM
they work great for me

RLS24
08-27-2009, 03:57 PM
I use Gators on my Lesco all year. The only complain I have is in tall or wet grass, they leave some build up on the inside of the deck that turns into a clump and falls out, but from what I've read on here that seems to be more of an issue with the Lesco/Cub Cadet decks than anything else.

bohiaa
08-27-2009, 06:27 PM
What do you run on your exmarks?

Hi lifts. switch to low lifts from time to time.... Were in sand....

Useually purchase from www.texasmowerparts.com

My main problem is employees....

maybe one day I will get an employee with 1/2 a brain....

Patriot llc
08-31-2009, 01:12 AM
We switched from Gators to Mamba mulchers and the Mamba's are a far superior blade. The cut quality is unmatched by any other blade we have used and these blades are quite inexpensive. They also are the nicest striping blade out there, again an area Gator couldn't match. Just my 2 cents.

bohiaa
08-31-2009, 07:53 AM
http://www.lawnmowerpros.com/Gator_Mulching_Blades.htm

Please tell me this is a Joke...

your NOT paying that much for baldes are you?

jhawk60
08-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Please tell me this is a Joke...

your NOT paying that much for baldes are you?

No, that was just a link I googled up to answer the question about whether or not gators were available for a yard machines mower. I buy my blades locally.