PDA

View Full Version : Sprayer Winterization

lawnspecialties
08-23-2009, 08:58 PM
As weird as the title sounds, it'll only be about two weeks before I finally get to pull the Lesco sprayer out of the back of the truck to make room for bags and bags of fertilizer and seed. Obviously, I'll run some Stabil through the fuel tank and change the oil but what about winterizing the pump? My barn will have a slight heat source and I don't think it will get below freezing but I want to be 100% for next year.

Can I just drain it and that be it or should I run something else through the pump? I even wondered if I ran RV antifreeze through it, would that help? Any ideas?

Service 1st Lawn Care
08-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Run RV Antifreeze threw it have done this for 20yrs. shop where I store no heat never had a pump crack.

borwicks
08-23-2009, 09:25 PM
run tank dry. add a gallon or r/v antifreeze. fire up pump and let it suck the r/v in then shut it down.

RigglePLC
08-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Disconect hose so you can dran all remaining fluid. Did you plan to take the hose off? About 4 gallons of solution in the hose. Take it off and drain as best you can. You need to drain and winterize the reel or its steel pipes will crack. Use windsheild washer antifreeze-cheap-LOL--but--toxic to grass of course.