PDA

View Full Version : Timber wall question

Swampy
08-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Like the title says. I got timbers on site and the timbers have bows and slight twists in them. Some are pretty bad but can also be used as deadmen in the wall. So I'll try my best with I got.

I was thinking that after the install and with age. The swelling/constricting that over time they will straighten out?

Second one what should I do with the space created by the timber's bowing? shim it or just drive the spike's home and hope it draws in? or leave it, take how it is, and use larger drainage stone?

The timber wall is my first on my own build for a family member, it really doesn't have to look pretty as its out of sight for now, just do its job for now till they can afford something "prettier"

Thanks

LB1234
08-24-2009, 12:34 AM
get rid of those bannana boards. Going to cause you nothing but trouble especially as you stake on top of one another. Using them for the deadmen is okay. You can use them for the wall but you may want to use screws as oppossed to nails. You may be able to "straighten" some of the not so bad boards.

Ric3077
08-24-2009, 12:50 AM
why not just return them where you got them and get straight ones?