PDA

View Full Version : Flyer

edson
08-24-2009, 04:44 PM
please critique my flyer.
suggestions on what to add or remove, are the services ok?

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g39/edsonsalazar/flyerjpeg.jpg

Thanks

ColoRyan
08-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Good for you for taking the time to get it made up. I'm just starting and need to make flyers.

Here's a few things I would change:

Contact Person, change to Contact:

that way instead of saying who the contact person it, it's sort of telling them what to do, a call to action.

Typo, services starts should be services start

Might want to put contact info at the bottom.

Raven386
08-24-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm sorry but all I can think about is SS Nazis' when I look at your business name. Those flyers aren't the best either, I would lose the clipart.

Raven386
08-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Shouldn't start it "if you need..."

SS Lawn Service provides Professional Lawn Mowing services to the following towns : XX XXX XX

Our other services include :
sidewalk edging
Hedge trimming
etc.. etc...

Pricing starts at $25.00 per mowing (price varies)

edson
08-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Shouldn't start it "if you need..."

SS Lawn Service provides Professional Lawn Mowing services to the following towns : XX XXX XX

Our other services include :
sidewalk edging
Hedge trimming
etc.. etc...

Pricing starts at $25.00 per mowing (price varies)

thanks!
I just did it real quick on ms publisher. and the clip art on ms paint. Maybe thats why they are not the best looking. I just wanted something simple. But your suggestion is much better than mine. And about the pricing, is 40 dlls to high to start or should I start at $25 like you suggested?

edson
08-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Good for you for taking the time to get it made up. I'm just starting and need to make flyers.

Here's a few things I would change:

Contact Person, change to Contact:

that way instead of saying who the contact person it, it's sort of telling them what to do, a call to action.

Typo, services starts should be services start

Might want to put contact info at the bottom.

thanks, me too, i am starting this week if i get any calls, i am going to start posting them today after i get out of work.

Raven386
08-24-2009, 05:20 PM
You can charge whatever you want. Just put your prices start low. If your prices start at $40. people are going to think their lawn is going to cost $60.

TexasFire221
08-24-2009, 06:50 PM
I hope you do well in your business but I would definatly get some flyers made by a pro. It will pay off in the end. I had mine designed for $75 and there are super great.

LouisianaLawnboy
08-24-2009, 11:19 PM
thanks, me too, i am starting this week if i get any calls, i am going to start posting them today after i get out of work.

Lose the flier. Get a professional to do it. Putting a starting price of 40.00 is too high. 25.00 is more in line.

Not trying to be hard on you, but just giving you my advice directly. I truly wish you good luck.:usflag:

Gregg1987
08-25-2009, 12:32 PM
I do think that professionals can do a better job however i also made my own flyers Also using publisher and imo honest criticism i think you can make them look a little nicer then that. maybe make it more eye catching?

i edited out my name and address etc etc but here is a look at what i did.

i am not saying mine is perfect but i think a little more effort can help you improve it. like find a lawn mower pic online or something etc etc.

THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION ! take it or leave it you choice. Mine i know can be better probably too but i think publisher is cabable of more then what you did you.

Please PLEASE understand i'm just starting myself and in no way knocking you down but just trying to help and offer advice.

Example attached:

Gregg1987
08-25-2009, 12:45 PM
i would also i think try to remember that your flyer is going to be a reflection on you and your business, company, or work etc etc so even if your just trying to do this fast you want it to look the best it can with the budget and tools you have.

again just my opinion.

ColoRyan
08-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Great flyer, thanks for posting that.

Anyone else have a flyer to post?

Gregg1987
08-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Great flyer, thanks for posting that.

Anyone else have a flyer to post?

Thanks, im sure mine is not perfect either and im not trying to take away from edson. i just think that even if you use publisher it is capable of more. I used nothing fancy and made that myself not a professional here.

i only posted mine to try and give an example hope it helps.

noriega
08-25-2009, 01:32 PM
I think you need to put more thought into the flyer.

start off with a catchy phrase or question to catch their attention get them interested in reading your flyer. List the services you offer and any fall specials you might want to offer.

Your name and contact info put at the bottom

Chilehead
08-25-2009, 01:35 PM
It is a very easy-to-read flyer, but looks too homemade.

Earthworks Lawnscape
08-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Ive had a pretty good response to door hangers this year,the one thing that I think helped was that, I left a area on the door hanger for a price that I wrote in while I passed them out. Or you can drive thru the neighbor hood, MOST yards will be about the same size.Then you can go home write them in and just pass them out.By having a price that is quoted for a particular lawn it avoids the tire kickers......and my door hangers and flyer's weren't even that nice

Earthworks Lawnscape
08-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Here is what my flyer looked like...But after I mass produced it on my copier it had shadows and dark spots....It wasn't this clear looking.Then I took my door hanger and put inside,folded it and left it under their door mat.And yeah I received alot of calls from it...

Gregg1987
08-25-2009, 02:45 PM
did you just leave it or did you knock on the door?

when you gave an estimate on the lawn did you just do the front yard? (assuming you cant see the back yard maybe because of a fence etc etc)?

Nice idea by the way with the personal estimate. i like that.

mainstreetlawncare
08-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Check out vistaprint. I know you are looking for something now, but I got an email from the with offers for free business cards and other items. All I did was creat a account and then the email came. I have gotten about 5 of them so far with offers from free this and free that. I got 250 business cards, 1 package of note pads and 1 package of letter head for $6.47 or so for the freight to my house. You can use a lot of thier designs and come up with something nice and professional looking. I have added my current business card that I had them do for me. Simple enough for me and still looks nice.

Earthworks Lawnscape
08-25-2009, 04:28 PM
I would do it for the front and back,I would estimate the back yard .If they had a privacy fence that you couldnt see over I would hope they didnt have 10 acres back there... but most subdivisions in my area I was able to see the back yards. I have under estimated before.. dont get me wrong.And it by no means a perfect method but if you know the neighbor hoods it works out ok. And no I have never knocked on a door,if the Homeowner was in their front yard I would just hand it to them and say "Thank you" and be on my way.

johnc8407
09-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Hey mainstreetlawncare, nice design. LOL. I have the same. Question if you dont mind. Where or what did you use to design your website? Also, where did you get the domain name?

Just thought I would post my flyer. I know its not the best but just thought I'd post incase it does help anyone.

I do know that flyers dont get you too many calls. I've handed out hundreds and only got about 2 from it. You will definately want to get business cards. Most of my business is from neighbors coming over and asking for a business card when I finish a customers yard.

mainstreetlawncare
09-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Ok that is awesome that we both used the same design..How funny..LOL

For my web site I went over to godaddy and registered it there for $8 or $9/yr. My internet provider gives me some free space to host my web site so I put it there with a name re-direct to what every my hosting name is. Kind of tricky, but not really. I can send you an email in greater detail on how it is done if you want.

As for designing the website, I went over to gopher and found some free web templets that I can use until I get pictures and all that. From there you need a design program (microsoft has one) and I added in text and stuff like that. It is not that hard. I could help you with it to get something basic up. I am no pro, but I can get by as you can see.

I don't think you need to pay someone to create a website or anything like that. As you can see from vistaprint there are hundreds of free options. Let me know or send me a private message if you can and we can talk about it.