PDA

View Full Version : Anyone miss me? LOL!

The Lighting Geek
08-24-2009, 07:29 PM
I have been busy re-establishing my marketing plan, doing more TV, making every effort to stay busy. It was a tough month of August, but the phone is ringing now and I am happy to be busy again. The new website is up:
http://www.thelightinggeek.comI am currently working on the show trailer that I will be towing behind me everyday as a billboard and as a display of fixtures. It will eventually house the demo kits that are now back in action. Demo, demo demo!
All the trucks were re-signed and both trailers now have matching wraps. The trailers have been the best thing I have ever done. The exposure is awesome. We just collected all the past clients info, updated it and have it in a database, currently mining the crap out of it. :) I changed out everything to Apple computers so now when Pepper puts in a new client it immediately sends it to my laptop and iphone. New uniforms from 5.11 just arrived and they are sweet! Battling the forces of darkness, baby! As you can tell I am in a good mood and thought I would share some good news since there is plenty of bad news to last us a lifetime.

Keep your chin up and if you find yourself lacking in business, do what do. I have a roll of toilet paper and my goal is to get rid of it. I go door to door if necessary to introduce myself. If I get a bid and they say no, I write their name on a piece and flush it. I know that if I can get that many no's I will have a lot of yes's along the way. I'm not trying insult anyone here, just use different ways to keep motivated! I am in search of NO's!

Now I need to get caught up all the posts I missed, LOL

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
08-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Good to see you back here Tommy. Its good to have more voices of optimism here!

Alan B
08-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Welcome back Tommy! Glad to hear your pushing forward hard.

Sincerely,

Alan

David Gretzmier
08-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Tommy- great to see you back. I thought you had went to work for another company, or did I misread a post a while back?

Pro-Scapes
08-25-2009, 12:18 AM
You were gone ? Just kidding.... Welcome back Tommy!

Lite4
08-25-2009, 12:30 AM
Light on Brother!

klkanders
08-25-2009, 12:54 AM
Hey Tommy!
Lets see some pictures of the new signage!

Keith

JoeyD
08-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Go get em Geek Man!!!

trailboss
08-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Welcome back dude!
Its nice to hear somebody fired up about their business - we need more of that.
The website looks great!

Show some pics of the new trailer wraps when you get a chance.

Later, Steve

TXNSLighting
08-25-2009, 09:49 PM
O Tommys been busy alright!! Leavin me voicemails about installing some home depot fixtures at his house...lol!! Its to fun! And yes i want to see the trailers as well!!

Pro-Scapes
08-25-2009, 11:29 PM
I think he called my wife last year asking about some home depot lights or something. Who knows with geekman.

TXNSLighting
08-26-2009, 12:23 AM
Ha! That sounds about right!

The Lighting Geek
08-26-2009, 02:19 AM
Here are a couple pics. the red, blue, and chrome is the old logos in general. The black ones are the new ones.

The Lighting Geek
08-26-2009, 02:33 AM
Here is a couple more of the crew truck and trailer. And I threw in a picture of a job I demo'd, left for a couple weeks, then took it away. They can't wait to meet and discuss doing a permanent lighting system. 4.5 acres of landscape, 18,000 sq ft home. I'm thinking it'll start at 200 hundred fixtures just around the house...LOL

Demo, demo, demo! Demos have helped me yet again! Oh and by the way, i'm on my second roll of toilet paper!

Lite4
08-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Sweet rides and one pretty nice shack with a water hole!