PDA

View Full Version : Taking visa & master card

lka123
08-24-2009, 10:16 PM
I have 300 plus customer and thinking about starting to take credit cards. Just would like to think want you guys think????

rcreech
08-24-2009, 10:32 PM
Just stated using it this year. Going ok I guess...but I hate it when people use it! :cry:

The main reason I added it was to contact late payers and offer it as a way to pay.

Are your customers asking for you to take it? Just curious to why you want to add it.

lka123
08-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Same for me, away to help with collection. Also If I get the Card info at time of sale I will never need to weight to get paid. When I treat a lawn and get back to the office ether saem day or next day run the card and get paid!!! I don't mind the fee for each transaction its the start up fee and so on. I will go with the system that I can do the transaction over the internet.

rcreech
08-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Same for me, away to help with collection. Also If I get the Card info at time of sale I will never need to weight to get paid. When I treat a lawn and get back to the office ether saem day or next day run the card and get paid!!! I don't mind the fee for each transaction its the start up fee and so on. I will go with the system that I can do the transaction over the internet.

PM me if you need any info...I have found a pretty good one to work with. It is done over the phone and it only costs $10/month and I think it is something like .50 per transations plus 2.6% of the sale.

Not great but very competitive to most.

RC

grass4gas
08-25-2009, 04:44 PM
I would write nasty messages in their lawn with round up.:cool2:

lawnangel1
08-25-2009, 04:49 PM
I would write nasty messages in their lawn with round up.:cool2:

I have been tempted so many times!!!!!!

lka123
08-25-2009, 05:53 PM
through the internet 250.00 up front, 17.50 a month plus 2.42% and .30c per transaction. Sound like yours might be a good deal also don't know want pm is butt If figure it out, so you can give me your info about credit cards

rcreech
08-26-2009, 12:31 AM
through the internet 250.00 up front, 17.50 a month plus 2.42% and .30c per transaction. Sound like yours might be a good deal also don't know want pm is butt If figure it out, so you can give me your info about credit cards

PM is a private message. Look in the top right hand corner and you will see where I sent you a message. If you have trouble let us know and someone on here can help ya.

PestPro
09-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I have 300 plus customer and thinking about starting to take credit cards. Just would like to think want you guys think????

I think within a few years if not months, if you dont take credit cards and have a site where the customer can pay bills off your web site. You will lose business.

I use First Data. through Costco, and I pay 7.00 a month.1.89% plus .25, I take Master card, Visa, and Discover.:hammerhead:

mdlwn1
09-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I have been tempted so many times!!!!!!

Round up ballons lobbed from a moving truck with an open bucket of bent grass seed on the tailgate.

chrisby316
09-02-2009, 12:05 AM
we take credit cards for all of our services, but it is most beneficial for people that want our prepay discount. (7%) then we are paid for the year and most people get points on their cards anyway.

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-02-2009, 12:31 AM
I use Intuit's NON-QB option.

http://www.intuit.com/credit-card-processing-services/

It's $12.95 a month, no startup fee (if you haggle with them just a bit), and first 3 month's free. I can cancel at any time I wish.

I just logon to a secure website and complete the transaction.