PDA

View Full Version : Roaches

luv2fly
08-26-2009, 09:13 AM
What is the best thing to get rid of roaches that I can buy over the counter?

I've been in my house for 11 years all of a sudden I have Roaches.

Thanks,

luv2fly

upidstay
08-26-2009, 10:43 AM
MaxForce Baits by bayer are probably the best bet. They come in tube form or in bait stations. The stations are probably the easiest to use.

Have you bought anything used or from overseas lately? Any new TV's or other appliances? Lots of times they will hide in boxes or shipping/packing material.

Just to really creep you out:

If all of the eggs one female cockroach hatch, and all reach sexual maturity, and all of their young do the same, and so on down the line. If there were no natural predators for cockroaches, those young would reproduce and reproduce, until the entire surface of the earth would be a foot deep in roaches in a year.

DLCS
08-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Do you have a dirty neighbor? If so maybe they are migrating. There are some good threads on here of what to do. Baits work well but you may want to consult a exterminator at least at first. They can get out of hand over night, one hatched egg sac will amaze you.

coiclawn
08-26-2009, 01:20 PM
The first step with any pest problem is to id. the pest. Once you know what you're dealing with it will be much easier to take care of it. Baits are the best way to go inside and outside but find out what you're problem is first and you'll save yourself alot of time and money. No sense in paying a pest control company for something you can take care of.

RigglePLC
08-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Fipronil. As a bait.

ArizPestWeed
08-28-2009, 03:34 PM
U need to know if it's German roaches or any other kind .
If they are German , call a pro.
Any other kind , for get baits , use Bifen or any insecticide that has a active ingredient tht ends in " thrin ".
Spray the crap out of the place

ertb
08-28-2009, 04:58 PM
I am a homeowner and I purchased Suspend SC through the internet. I have never had a problem with roaches but I have seen some dead one on my concrete patio after spraying.

Ric
08-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Pre-Cor 2000 Plus Premise Spray treats 2,000 sq feet and comes in a Aerosol can ready to use. It contains quick Knock and slow release insecticides as well as Growth Regulators. It is labelled for Flea & Tick control but does a wonderful job on Cockroaches of all kinds. Because it is labelled for inside use, It can be legally applied to target Cockroaches. It claims to have a 210 day residual and I believe it has close to that. I have used it in my own home and have had quick knock down with long term control.

A.T.A.K
08-30-2009, 02:15 AM
Baits work well when used incojuction with IGRs gentrol is my drug of choice with roaches. Using a adulticide like phantom will help clear the problem up a little faster. One thing to keep in mind when using baits is cross contamination. If you smoke or handle any pesticide before touching the baits wash your hands well. I would even go as far to say use latex gloves while handling the baits. This is where most people fail in a baiting program.
Posted via Mobile Device

topsites
08-30-2009, 03:30 AM
I can only tell you what I use as a non-licensed practitioner, I use this stuff
for my own house and besides roaches we see very few bugs, probably the one
bug we do see is the daddy long legs, it doesn't appear to control this?

You need either a hand held or a backpack sprayer, to apply it one first mixes it according to instructions
and then sprays a perimeter around the entire house, after which it acts as a barrier, in addition to ants and
roaches this product also controls things such as termites and clover mites.

This application does not replace regular termite inspections, I can not, would not guarantee that your house
can not suffer termite or any other form of damage, you still have to have the house inspected but spraying
this myself has saved me considerable money over the years, the perimeter has to be sprayed once a year.

The product is not cheap but between what I've paid for a professional termite / bug control company when
compared to this product made it pay for itself in one application, a small bottle lasts 5, 10, maybe 20 years,
store it in a cool place and I am not sure on the shelf life.
It's called Talstar.

PestPro
09-01-2009, 07:58 PM
If they are German Cockroaches you need a Pro. If they are American or Oriental Cockroaches, look for any water problems you might have in your home. If you dont have a water problem get a good liquid raw chemical (talstar, Bifen, Tempo wp). Mix it in a gallon sprayer. FOLLOW THE LABEL... and treat around the founation of your home real good, but not to the point of run off. Treat right above where the dirt meets the founation of your home. Watch the weather, if it rain alot or is real dry. the Oriental and America cockroaches will come into your home. You could even try pouring some bleach down your floor drains...but NOT to much. it can damage your drains.

All else fails call a pro. :)