PDA

View Full Version : Please help need help on price

sproston lawn care
08-26-2009, 05:53 PM
I am going to be building a rail-road tie wall for a customer and having trouble trying to come up with a price. the ties are 6x8x8 its going to be 3 long and 3 high the ties are going to cost me $7.99 a piece. the spikes are going to be 24.00 and the re-bar stakes are going to be 11.88 I'm just wondering what i should charge for the whole thing this is my 1st wall I'm going to be building on my own and just need a lil help thank you

JNyz
08-26-2009, 06:19 PM
I am going to be building a rail-road tie wall for a customer and having trouble trying to come up with a price. the ties are 6x8x8 its going to be 3 long and 3 high the ties are going to cost me $7.99 a piece. the spikes are going to be 24.00 and the re-bar stakes are going to be 11.88 I'm just wondering what i should charge for the whole thing this is my 1st wall I'm going to be building on my own and just need a lil help thank you

Are you accounting for the dead men and the sides of the wall? Do you have to excavate anything? If you accounting for everything I would say about $400.00. You should be able to do it in a half day by the time you pick everything up and get back to your shop.

sproston lawn care
08-26-2009, 06:37 PM
all i got to do is take out old put in new and all

JNyz
08-26-2009, 07:54 PM
$400.00 then.

White Gardens
08-26-2009, 11:14 PM
Just as JNZ stated, you need to take into account the dead-man in the wall.

If you can't use the existing one, or there isn't one, then you'll be doing some digging to put one in.

Make sure you take that into account.

Also, 6 X 6 landscape timbers/pressure treated lumber will last longer than the RR ties.

RR ties are already used when you buy them, so they deteriorate faster.

Does the HO already have the ties, or, do you need to purchase them.

sproston lawn care
08-26-2009, 11:53 PM
they already have them they hired someone to do it but he never showed back up so they called me and asked if u would finish it