PDA

View Full Version : Perma-Green Magnum lid leaking

bflower
08-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Hello all, just wondered if anyone has been plagued with a leaking permagreen lid? I should start by saying i have logged well over 3000 hrs on these machines without ever experiencing this. My 08 permagreen sloshes chemical all over- ME!!! I should credit pg with sending me out 3 new tanks- all of which leaked. i have lubed gaskets- and they fall into tank. i have glued gasket in with silicone and then lubed with silicon grease, vaseline and a number of other products. i have experimented with cork gaskets above and below the rubber gasket and alone. Am i missing something here? the sealing surfaces appear flat. I have installed a "dam" at the back of the tank to keep the bulk of the highly concentrated momentum off of me, but i would really prefer it not to leak.

Thanks Crew.

rcreech
08-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Hello all, just wondered if anyone has been plagued with a leaking permagreen lid? I should start by saying i have logged well over 3000 hrs on these machines without ever experiencing this. My 08 permagreen sloshes chemical all over- ME!!! I should credit pg with sending me out 3 new tanks- all of which leaked. i have lubed gaskets- and they fall into tank. i have glued gasket in with silicone and then lubed with silicon grease, vaseline and a number of other products. i have experimented with cork gaskets above and below the rubber gasket and alone. Am i missing something here? the sealing surfaces appear flat. I have installed a "dam" at the back of the tank to keep the bulk of the highly concentrated momentum off of me, but i would really prefer it not to leak.

Thanks Crew.

Whats up STUD??????

Don't have a clue on what to do! Sounds like you have tried everything I would have!

Are you having a good summer?

Good to see ya on here....give me a call when ya get a chance!

Does PG have any idea what is up?

RigglePLC
08-26-2009, 09:58 PM
How can we help--you have already tried everything. But why not get a new tank lid? Maybe it is warped or the air vent is bad. Also double check your hoses and valves on top of the tank. Could be a hose or valve.

VARMIT COMMISSION
08-26-2009, 10:05 PM
I have the same problem. What did you use for your dam on the back of the tank?

bflower
08-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Rod, summers rolling right along here~ good to hear from ya. counting the days till otf in dec. In the mean time would love to have my tank prob fixed! If i didnt have twelve grand wrapped up in these things i might think of jumping ship to the z side. I would not be where i am today without permagreen- they are great machines and are a great fit for the properties i service daily. Just looking for a solution, a leak at that level certainly isnt helping my count- Im still looking to have a few more kidders! Helpppppp*trucewhiteflag*

bflower
08-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Varmint- Pretty sad when you have to make a dam to keep this s@(*Y#! OFF YA! Take two of your lawn flags and cut off the step parts and head and place them at back of tank and cover with hillbilly chrome. this helps divert the juices to the sides and off your manparts. Have tried 4 seperate tanks with 4 seperate lids and intermingled them all and with all sorts of different goos to seal them. My 06 appears to have a thinner plastic at the sealing surface, which may apply more pressure to the seal and keep the threads from burping out juices. I am seriously contemplating taking a filet knife to the surface to narrow it down and hopefully apply more pressure.

Thanks Crew

Lbilawncare
08-26-2009, 11:58 PM
Duct tape. I can't believe I'm the first to suggest it. I have never had leaking issues w/ mine. I never fill more than 11 gal (just in case the filter is clogged, I can reach in w/ my glove)

bflower
08-27-2009, 07:32 PM
LBI- Duct tape is involved hence the hillbilly chrome. I am looking for a more permanent dam- maybe something vinyl at the hardware store with a self adhesive strip and around 1/2 inch tall. Ultimatly it would be nice to have a lid that just sealed correctly. my 06 and many predecessors right back to the sentry + ultras never leaked a drop- even when flipped over, dont ask! Apparently everybody but varmint + I are sealed up tight-looking forward to a dry day again:cry:

Laner
08-29-2009, 12:03 AM
I have experienced a leaky lid on my 09 PG, but attributed it to filling too full. It doesn't leak when I have filled it less than 8 gal. I would guess that is because it is not sloshing around enough to leak out around the lid.

bflower
08-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Laner, good to hear im not the only one. I have found it does not leak as much with 8 gallons or less, however i would enjoy having my acre capability back, after all it is a 12 gallon machine. With only 3 of us leaking there must be a few good 08 and newer tanks out there?

ParkerLawn
08-30-2009, 11:12 AM
New lid fixed mine from leaking.

bflower
08-31-2009, 10:09 PM
Parker, glad to hear something worked for you. ive interchanged several lids and still no dice. My dry day is coming- i can feel it.
Thanks Crew

azjojo99
09-01-2009, 09:48 PM
I have an 08, unless I really tighten the lid it leaks. I've got into the habit of not filling it all the way. Anyone have a new one that doesn't leak? I think I'll call PG tomorrow.

bflower
09-02-2009, 10:51 PM
and the beat goes on- a few more and i may just say its more than an isolated incident. i can tighten mine with a strap and lever beyond tight and still getting leakage, doesnt seem to matter. all previous models didnt even barely need tightened to seal. anybody have an older 12 gal for sale??

Laner
09-02-2009, 11:01 PM
bflower -Have you called PG yet? Just wondering what they have to say.

bflower
09-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Laner, pg has tried and tried again to help me here to no avail. they have sent me three tanks- and paid shipping. all leaked. they did a leak test and supposedly they didnt leak when they left, but things change once they are bolted on my machine. the threads dont seem to leak once they burp and are completly upside down, but when material is sloshing around they seem to just let material ooze out on every slosh. At this time they have quit returning my calls, I have been understanding and patient all along- I love these machines, I just wanna be dry again.