PDA

View Full Version : L.T. Rich Z-Plug

TennisBum
08-26-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm considering buying one of these aerators. I was wondering if anybody here can provide feedback. They look very solid and I like the way they can articulate left and right to follow the contour of the ground. They also accept quite a few attachments. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks.

group501
08-27-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm considering buying one of these aerators. I was wondering if anybody here can provide feedback. They look very solid and I like the way they can articulate left and right to follow the contour of the ground. They also accept quite a few attachments. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks.

A few years back I spoke to a local guy that owned one. He liked the machine but said that there were two problems: The first was that it was not good on hills, the second problem was that it took such deep plugs that it would often hit buried sprinkler lines. I am not exactly sure but I think these units are around 10k. You might want to also look at the Lawn solutions stand on unit. We have a walk behind LS aerator and can only say positive things about it.

jbturf
08-27-2009, 09:58 PM
i think the price is about 7k
one of the major drawbacks on the zplug
is the tine spacing -- not enough plugs
you pretty much gotta 2x aerate everywhere

how is the tine spacing on the lawn solutions ride-on unit?

sclawndr
08-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Love mine. I was pleasantly surprised where I could take it. I disagree with the post about hills. What it can't do is go sideways on a hill. It goes up and down very nicely though. The tine spacing is the same as our walk behind, which blessedly we don't have to use much anymore.

TennisBum
08-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. The tine spacing was also my big concern. They say its 5" X 8". The LS ride-on is 3.5 by something. I think it's pretty tight. However, the z-plug accepts many accessories: Sprayer, Slit-seeder, Spreader etc.