PDA

View Full Version : whats your funniest injury while using your ride-on?

indyturf
08-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Monday I was servicing a heavily wooded lawn on my pg. went between 2 trees and bumped the left tire. this jerked my handle bars very hard! when I looked down my left index finger was diagonal under my other fingers! ouch!!!!
I tried to finish the lawn using another finger to operate the weed control switch.. that lasted about a minute! I started sweating and got really:dizzy: light headed! so I got off the pg and started walking to my truck.. made it about 20ft! then took about a 10min nap in my customers front lawn!

Pythium
08-27-2009, 07:32 AM
That doesn't sound funny. Hope you are all right.
I have smacked my head on tree branches on more than one occasion.

group501
08-27-2009, 11:24 AM
While doing a lawn with a walk behind machine I was so fixated on looking at the lawn that I did not notice that the customer had tied a wire anchor from around a tree to the middle of the lawn. I walked into the wire at full stride, the machine went one way and I went the other. Not funny at the time but would have looked hysterical if caught on tape and posted on youtube. I had a bruise from under my right arm which ran diagonally across my chest up to the left side of my neck. :o

ColoradoJake
08-27-2009, 11:43 AM
While using a PG, I was doing a small residential lawn, and the throttle got stuck. The PG drop three feet of this curb and since it was full, it catapulted me over it and I bang my knee on the machine. As I got up I pushed my pant leg against my knee and blood shot out. I looked at it and was missing some skin. I walked to the van, patched myself up, flipped the ride-on back over and finished up the lawn. As I got back to the shop I showed the secretary and she took me to the emerge-a-care. I got 4 stitches but there was no other damage to the knee. The bad part was that this was on a Saturday and the only reason I was working cause a tech called in sick. He said that he ate bad taco’s (hangover). I was back on the ride-on on Monday.

chrisby316
08-27-2009, 01:28 PM
I was on my zspray cruising along and didn't notice the overhang of the roof was jusr about 6 feet off the ground. Took it right off the forehead. When I was able to stand up I made sure no one saw it ans went on my way. I also was screwing around on the z one day at our shop and was standing in the fert boxes while driving it. My hands slipped off the handles which stopped the machine in its tracks and sent me flying over the hopper doing a full front flip. Luckily I landed it and then noticed that our mowing and our landscape crew had watched the whole thing. Still hear about it at least once a week.
Posted via Mobile Device

mnglocker
08-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Two broken ribs.

Believe me, I wasn't laughing.

turfcobob
08-27-2009, 02:55 PM
I have had lots of injuries over the years but none of them were funny. Most were painful and made me feel really dumb. Ya just want to look around and make sure no one saw you.

a plus bob
08-27-2009, 03:17 PM
I was on my zspray cruising along and didn't notice the overhang of the roof was jusr about 6 feet off the ground. Took it righToff the forehead. When I was able to stand up I made sure no one saw it ans went on my way. I also was screwing around on the z one day at our shop and was standing in the fert boxes while driving it. My hands slipped off the handles which stopped the machine in its tracks and sent me flying over the hopper doing a full front flip. Luckily I landed it and then noticed that our mowing and our landscape crew had watched the whole thing. Still hear about it at least once a week.
Posted via Mobile Device

DO IT AGAIN I GOT TO SEE THIS :laugh::laugh::laugh: make sure you film it!

turfman07
08-27-2009, 05:51 PM
I was spraying a backyard with my Z-spray and didn't notice the customers clothes line. I was going 5.5mph when it hit me at nose level. Knocked me off the machine and peeled some skin off my nose! :dizzy: As far as I know, nobody saw me. Now when I go back to that yard, I always remember the clothesline!

LouisianaLawnboy
08-27-2009, 05:59 PM
While using a PG, I was doing a small residential lawn, and the throttle got stuck. The PG drop three feet of this curb and since it was full, it catapulted me over it and I bang my knee on the machine. As I got up I pushed my pant leg against my knee and blood shot out. I looked at it and was missing some skin. I walked to the van, patched myself up, flipped the ride-on back over and finished up the lawn. As I got back to the shop I showed the secretary and she took me to the emerge-a-care. I got 4 stitches but there was no other damage to the knee. The bad part was that this was on a Saturday and the only reason I was working cause a tech called in sick. He said that he ate bad tacoís (hangover). I was back on the ride-on on Monday.

He would have taken A LOT more than day off. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

THC
08-27-2009, 06:22 PM
I was standing on the very top step of a step ladder on a very busy street. The step ladder started rocking, then kicked right out from under me. I fell straight down on my butt.

sprayboy
08-27-2009, 08:55 PM
STARTED to go under a low hanging limb until I quickly found out it was a 3" stub from a limb that was hanging from way above. It hit me square in the shoulder, almost knocking me off the machine. Hurt like heck for a few days.

Shade Scapes Inc.
08-27-2009, 10:26 PM
I did the clothes line too, took me right off the machine and it kept going about 5 feet. got up looked around made sure nobody seen me and kept on going, hurt the neck a bit:hammerhead:

indyturf
08-27-2009, 11:17 PM
The homeowner was on the back deck and saw when I bumped the tree and dis-located my finger. but I don't think she ever saw me passed out in her front yard! I haven't worked the last 3 days.. gonna give it a shot tomorrow

ted putnam
08-27-2009, 11:39 PM
I was treating a customers lawn one day on my Ultra. They had an oak tree in the back that had a bird feeder. The base of this bird feeder was made from a 10 inch disc from an old plow. I noticed the feeder when I entered the back yard but didn't realize the base was exactly at eye level...You can guess what happened a minute or 2 later. I came around the tree, the disc hit at the bridge of my nose breaking my sunglasses at the bridge piece. It also had enough force to leave a nasty cut and me sitting on the ground seeing spots and stars for a few minutes. I bled like a stuck hog and still bare the scar today.

Smithco Lawncare
08-28-2009, 12:19 AM
3rd degree burns. Mowing on Stander when it bottomed out on a stump. I flipped over the bars and got my forearm wedged between muffler and frame. It was wrapped up for four months. New bandages every day. It sucked