PDA

View Full Version : Which eXmark to chose WB or ZTR

ple_1969
04-26-2002, 08:14 AM
I have narrowed my choices down to either a Lazer Z HP with the 52” deck or the Turf Tracer with the 60” deck and a sulky. I have been reading posts for the past few weeks and I am just confused to which one to get. So any opinion or advice would be helpful!

I have 4 acres to mow with not too many trees and the land flat. So traversing hills or maneuvering around obstacles are not an issue. I have never owned anything except a garden tractor or a 21” mower therefore I am not familiar with either of these machines. My 2 concerns are as follows;
1. What machine will give a quality of cut at a high rate of speed (Tri-Vantage vs. Ultracut deck)
2. Which machine is easier to perform maintenance on (i.e. change blades, clean the bottom of the deck, change oil… etc).

I am looking for any feedback that would help in my decision… What would you recommend?

Thanks,
Pete

RMDoyon
04-26-2002, 09:02 AM
Either machine will fit the bill.

Although there may be some difference in cut quality between these two decks at the highest speed, for you the difference will be negligible since either machine will blow your old machines away.

Blade changes and deck scraping on the Tracer can be done with simple jack stands, for the Lazer you'll need a floor jack or a Jungle Jack plus jack stands. Oil changes on both about the same.

If you don't mind standing get the Tracer with a Proslide. You will need the higher ground speed of the Lazer to equal the production of the Tracer but I seriously doubt you'll find yourself racing around at top speed with the Lazer.

For my money the Tracer's the way to go thanks to versatility. The Proslide will lay the best stripes you'll ever see and you can put that machine ony any hill that may appear in your future. If you ever het tired of standing you can put a sit-down sulky on it as well.

Roger

Roger