PDA

View Full Version : Need help with removing weed, bermuda, grubs...

fishmanwill
08-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum I found it searching google and I am glad that I did. I have read a lot of the post and have learned a lot of stuff.
A little of where I live and what I have. I live in Roswell, New Mexico and the lawn is RTF that was planted about a 1 1/2 years ago, it is only about 2,000 sq ft. The lawn seems to be doing well and I am really proud of it it is one of the greenier ones on the street and it seems to grow really well.
The problem is I have bermuda that is growing in from the neighbors yard and starting to take over portions of the lawn on that side. I also have what I believe is Lespedeza(from reading other posts). The other problem is white grubs. There are not a lot of them the problem is the few there are my dog likes to dig up. I keep the dog off the lawn as much as possible when I am not home, but she will dig them up as soon as I turn my back.

I have read on here that I need to spray with Turflon ester, I think? What can I use to get rid of the bermuda and lespedeza without killing the RTF? What about the grubs, what and when should I use something to get rid of them?

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate the help from people that are experienced and knowledgable. Thanks,

Will