PDA

View Full Version : deck belt

milike
08-27-2009, 11:54 AM
What is a good approx. of how long a deck belt should last...
I know it should be done a bout ever year or so,b ut that is based on how many lawns I cut.

So about how many HOURS ???? :confused:

Breezmister
08-27-2009, 08:16 PM
So about how many HOURS ???? :confused:

This is one of those...It Depends... questions... I've seen deck belts last as little as a 100 hours because the engine deck was tweaked and the alignment was just off, while others can claim over 1000 hours because they take care of their machines, replace worn parts at the first sign of ware

Then there is the quality of the belts, using top of the line Gates or something made in China, OME or aftermarket

It all Depends :laugh:

mowerknower
08-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Tough one, my thoughts, if it aint broke dont fix it. However, if you are going through belts in less than 100 hours or so, you better check to see what is causing the problem.

milike
08-28-2009, 12:26 PM
This is one of those...It Depends... questions... I've seen deck belts last as little as a 100 hours because the engine deck was tweaked and the alignment was just off, while others can claim over 1000 hours because they take care of their machines, replace worn parts at the first sign of ware

Then there is the quality of the belts, using top of the line Gates or something made in China, OME or aftermarket

It all Depends :laugh:

kindda figureed there is a lot of variables...but was trying to get that range

100= bad

500+ good :weightlifter:

Breezmister
08-28-2009, 06:49 PM
100= bad

500+ good :weightlifter:

Here in South Jersey, a season would run 300 to 500 hours so anything under 300 I think would be bad. April to November