PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Cleanup Pricing

RLS24
08-27-2009, 05:00 PM
I know its not here yet, but leaf season is coming. I feel like I got really burned last year during leaf season because I wasn't pricing cleanups the right way. How should I go about pricing cleanups for my weekly lawn customers? Do I go to a bi-weekly cutting when the leaves start falling heavily and charge hourly for a cleanup that includes cutting? I don't think just charging for cutting is the way to go if they dont want a leaf cleanup because then I'm pretty much having to pick up the leaves to mow the lawn anyway.

noriega
08-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Do you have a written agreement with your customers? If you don't its good to have 1 because in there you can let them know about extra charges for things such as leaf clean ups tree work or anything else you charge extra for.

most customers try to get away with not paying extra for work they think everything is included with mowing. If they are existing customers inform them that you will be charging them extra for the clean up but that your not going to charge full price for it.

RLS24
08-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Ok, so anticipating that I will do 2 cleanups in October and 1 in November, maybe say that starting in October, you will be billed $XXX which includes lawn mowing and leaf cleanups. You will also be billed in November for $XXX for an additional cleanup if needed. That sound about right?

mowerbrad
08-29-2009, 06:53 PM
I get alot of one time clean-ups from people. They will see me out at one of my current customer's lawns working and they will come ask me how much it would be to do a clean-up their lawn. Since I don't have a contract with these people I can't just add on charges to their monthly "bill". I have been doing this a while so if its a rather small property I will just give them a small range of prices (ie $150-$200). But if it is a larger account then I will just charge hourly and give them my hourly rate.

noriega
08-30-2009, 02:01 AM
Sounds ok its all about communication if you let the customer know before hand that during those months there is extra work to do they should be fine with it. People don't like surprises.That is why I have them sign an agreement form (contract) so both the customer and I are clear about our expectations. T

If they dont want to sign then I know they are going top cost me money. Because they always will say well i thought since you were here you can just take care of it.