PDA

View Full Version : Price per acre in NH.

Giantpumpkin
08-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi I am new to the buisness and haven't started yet and I don't plan to start until the spring. I have a friend that has been doing landscaping for few years now and was telling me about some of his accounts. He has one in in a very rich neighborhood. It's a 2 acre lot and he only charges $40 a week to mow it. I told him thats way to low that he should be at about $100 for that customer. He told me that was way to high and can't get that much for 2 acres. My question is what is the going rate around NH. What would you guys charge for an average 2 acre lot.

Mowbizz
08-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Hi I am new to the buisness and haven't started yet and I don't plan to start until the spring. I have a friend that has been doing landscaping for few years now and was telling me about some of his accounts. He has one in in a very rich neighborhood. It's a 2 acre lot and he only charges $40 a week to mow it. I told him thats way to low that he should be at about $100 for that customer. He told me that was way to high and can't get that much for 2 acres. My question is what is the going rate around NH. What would you guys charge for an average 2 acre lot.

$90-120 depending on how many beds/walks, etc. needing trimming

Big Reggie Regg
08-31-2009, 10:00 AM
yes i think he went way to low,I just started about a year ago and with me i charge $65.00 per acre ..And i see that i am charging way to low too.But people will tell you that they could fine someone Else at a lower price,,,so i just stick with it...

Big Reggie Regg
08-31-2009, 10:06 AM
Should i go to flat rate when it's snow .Or should i give them an hourly rate, if so what is a go starting price.I put salt down for them or sand,i believe it should be a little bite more...What do you think..