PDA

View Full Version : Billy Goat HTR

Woodland
08-27-2009, 10:34 PM
I have mostly decided on the Billy Goat HTR debris loader. Would anyone that has used this, share some information? Is it a good machine? Does what you want, powerful enough? Are there things about them that you don't like??

Mowbizz
08-27-2009, 11:32 PM
I have mostly decided on the Billy Goat HTR debris loader. Would anyone that has used this, share some information? Is it a good machine? Does what you want, powerful enough? Are there things about them that you don't like??

I own a Lesco, but I see mostly Billy Goats out there...These machines are basically a motor so get one with a good motor and the most HP you can afford. Mine is 16hp and I would not go any lower. Leaf loaders weak point is the impeller...if you abuse the impeller by sucking up rocks and other damaging debris, you'll lessen the impeller's life, not to mention the impeller housing which also takes a lot of abuse. Otherwise, all the leaf loaders are pretty much the same and will serve you well as long as you get the higher horsepower. My 16 horse is very powerful so I can imagine the 18hp and up are real beasts