PDA

View Full Version : Big trouble

Powerstrokin
08-27-2009, 11:08 PM
We'll this is what happened, last friday i was cutting my first lawn and ran out of gas, so i filled it up and went to give it a pull and wouldnt start after a few times very unusual for my 52" bunton with 20 hp honda. so i pushed it over to my garage and let it is for 20 min it was very very hot and humid last friday. So gave it a pull and it started right up let it run for a minute and right when i gave it some gas it died, so i did this over and over again about 10 times. and then i get concerned, i cleaned out the carb put in a new fuel filter and sprk plugs still kept dying on me so i take apart the motor and go to find out that i had the exhaust valve stuck open and it Fu*&ed up the whole motor the oil ring on the piston got cracked and let all the oil out and it seized the motor. 1700 bucks for a new one, im in deep crap. I was thinking about installing my engine from my tractor in the meantime so i can find another walk behind, any suggestions ?

mowerknower
08-28-2009, 12:50 AM
Not sure how the engine is siezed up if it still starts. But if its siezed just throw a new on on 1700 for a honda 20 isnt too bad.

Powerstrokin
08-29-2009, 12:11 PM
its had very little compression and just barely will stay running for 10 min

Breezmister
08-29-2009, 08:11 PM
its had very little compression and just barely will stay running for 10 min

Take it into a shop and have someone that knows what they are doing look at it. For all you know, it might be something simple and cheap to fix.:rolleyes: